Messages from the past

Brandon Weiss (aka B-Man) /

I just picked up a complete e50 for a song....

I was cleaning the flywheel cover, and some writing appeared on the inside! Looks to have been scratched with a scribe, it says

6-27-79 329M .016 1.00 bTdc

On June 27th 1979, someone wrote some maintenance notes on the inside of their flywheel cover!

I find this type of thing to be extremely cool, its like opening a time capsule.

So, what cool messages from the past have you found on your mopeds, or anything for that matter?

20180101_171441.jpg

Re: Messages from the past

Michael Hartgers /

I once bought a maxi with a sticker on the tank, under the the sticker someone etched “tank is rust”. Tank was not rusty though lol

When I bought the Riverside it had this strange DIY plate on it. Found this card in a baggie in the tool compartment. Guess you had to make yer own damn plate back in the day

riversidecard.jpg

Colorado!

Legit.

I never found any writing or I just didn't look good enough, but I do get a kick-out of finding those little extra personal touches someone add to their moped.

Mike Pizzarowski /

Found a little more vulgar message in a motor I bought

0598E899-CBA6-4231-8E4B-746EBCB31CAC.jpeg

hahahahahahah

I built a time capsule into the first Honda subframe mod I did. It contains the cigarette lighter from the desk of my boss at the time. He still thinks he lost it.

Brandon Weiss (aka B-Man) /

> cheetahchrome . Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I built a time capsule into the first Honda subframe mod I did. It

> contains the cigarette lighter from the desk of my boss at the time. He

> still thinks he lost it.

>

> http://www.mopedarmy.com/w/images/thumb/c/c8/Hondaoverhaul021.jpg/700px-Hondaoverhaul021.jpg

>

> http://www.mopedarmy.com/w/images/thumb/2/2f/Hondaoverhaul024.jpg/700px-Hondaoverhaul024.jpg

Ha! Thats great....keep em coming!

ima' start putting swazzis on all my crank cases. thanks for the idea guys!

~ Classic Don Trumpter /

~ Kilroy was Here 1942 ~ on the In side of a wall in a old travel traler

I was given a Magnum tank for helping a super awesome guy move. The tank had quite a bit of blasting media inside it and the red paint had Leaky McLeakster and Leak warning written in black Sharpie all over it.

Took some effort to clear out all the grit and when I filled it with Evaporust (as a precaution) and let it sit for over a week, it didn't leak at all. Kinda weird.

« Go to Topic — end of thread