Honda Urban Express - Any saddle bag or front basket recommendations?

Wondering what you Urban Express riders out there are using for storage. So far the best option seems to be these guys from Sunday Morning Motors https://www.sundaymorningmotors.com/product-p/c010023.htm

Which looks the same as what's on this Express http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/macadamiaman/media/cGF0aDovRFNDXzg2NzFiLmpwZw==/?ref=

I like that each one clips onto the top of the rack, not straps going under the gas tank. Any other recommendations though?

Re: Honda Urban Express - Any saddle bag or front basket recommendations?

~ Classic Don Trumpter /

@ Patrick ~ I have a Set of Leather saddelbags that Fit Perfect on a Bike or Moped bookrack ! Smaller than Most hardside and Leather,,,,,,,,

~ Classic Don Trumpter /

IMG_20171227_110225.jpg

IMG_20171227_110522.jpg

$19.99

Need 2 Scrub and Mosterize these !Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/17 01:12PM by modspernut.

@modspernut Those look super cool but not exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks for the offer though!

Captain Janeway /

Haven't been able to find a good replacement for the nice open style basket I was using (years of heavy groceries, etc finally killed it, so I'm using milk crates. Not as pretty but doing the job. Looked at some for like mobility scooters, but the sizing won't fit a grocery bag in flat.

For anything on the back I've also zip tied down some longer pieces of metal as a brace. That back carrier won't give good support by itself if you put on something like a milk crate. I guess it depends on the weight you plan to carry.

> Captain Janeway Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Haven't been able to find a good replacement for the nice open style

> basket I was using (years of heavy groceries, etc finally killed it, so

> I'm using milk crates. Not as pretty but doing the job. Looked at some

> for like mobility scooters, but the sizing won't fit a grocery bag in

> flat.

>

> For anything on the back I've also zip tied down some longer pieces of

> metal as a brace. That back carrier won't give good support by itself if

> you put on something like a milk crate. I guess it depends on the weight

> you plan to carry.

Maybe you should find a wire milk crate . They are heavy duty .

^ those rock, got one on the Hobbit! The Urban rack may not hold up to all it can carry though?

Captain Janeway /

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> ^ those rock, got one on the Hobbit! The Urban rack may not hold up to

> all it can carry though?

That's why I ziptie some extensions there. It not that the Urban rack won't hold weight but a milk crate or whatever can come off because the crate balance won't be right.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Sealtest-Foods-Wire-Metal-Milk-Crate-13x13x11-1964/162820230931?hash=item25e8d78f13:g:bj4AAOSwrhhZ8UtV

Seems to be plenty on ebay forsale. With some searching you would probably pick one up for about $30 shipped. I dig the metal milk crate, probably the way Ill go for my qt50.

~ Classic Don Trumpter /

@ Patrick ~ I Was'nt try 2 Sell them, that Price was on them All ready ! If U want 2 buy them like that Go 2 a Feed - Tack suply Shop ~ Personaly, I like the feel of the leather & the smell of the Saddle ! ~ Just sayin' !

(PS) Do'nt Muck up the Beeuty of a Urban Xpress with a Dang Ol' nasty geto wire Milk Crate, just my .2¢ !Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/17 10:10AM by modspernut.

~ Classic Don Trumpter /

urban_express_2.jpg

~ A Milk Crate on This ? ~ For shame ! ~ Just sayin' !

Dirty30 Dillon /

Why do you need storage... put a backpack on yourself and be done with it

Haha that's what I'm doing currently which is fine, but I'd like to use the Urban for larger grocery runs than my backpack can handle.

Captain Janeway /

> Patrick F Wrote:

> Haha that's what I'm doing currently which is fine, but I'd like to use

> the Urban for larger grocery runs than my backpack can handle.

Yup. That's why I have one on too, and yes I think milk crates are ugly.

Just saw this, and will check measurements on the old basket I had like this. This style doesn't really mess up the bike line like a crate does.

basket

Years ago back in the 70's Moto Becane came out with a fold-away basket set-up that bolted 2 the back of said moped .. could be you might find one of them on craigslist ...

« Go to Topic — end of thread