Repair dead moped or buy rebuilt moped

about to spend $500 on some repairs for a moped. really second guessing my self not sure if it’s worth all that.. Seen a post for a puch magnum up for sale really dig the body on that moped. I think i rather spend the extra money on a killer moped that I’ll dig riding all the time.. not sure what to do,

forget that project ?.. And buy the rebuilt puch magnum ?

Re: Repair dead moped or buy rebuilt moped

I ain't had citrus for a month, and I'm RARIN' for a kill /

Why are you paying someone to repair your moped. that is a downward spiral. all mopeds break constantly.

Brandon Weiss (aka B-Man) /

Reminds me of the guy with the $6,000 Ciao

lol

if you are paying for a reputable shop, you know that stuff is actually getting fixed.. buying a 'rebuilt' moped sounds like you're just buying someone elses jacked up project.

what kind of moped do you have now? what repairs does it need? most stuff on a moped you can fix with minimal skillz and about 30 bucks worth of harbor freight tools

Sounds like your ready for a new mistress.

Buy the magnum. Of course you may have to repair it as well in time.

> I ain't had citrus for a month, and I'm RARIN' for a kill Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Why are you paying someone to repair your moped. that is a downward

> spiral. all mopeds break constantly.

Wrong,Chance! ALL mopeds do not constantly break down. Quit defaming the great name of MO-PED! don-ohio

seems like the magnum is calling you

Captain Janeway /

> pat splat Wrote:

> seems like the magnum is calling you

Go get her. You'll have plenty of time to work on bikes.

Grass is always greener ...

Bad Cadillac™ /

> I ain't had citrus for a month, and I'm RARIN' for a kill Wrote:

> Why are you paying someone to repair your moped. that is a downward

> spiral. all mopeds break constantly.

Wrong!

Keep it stock or somewhat close to stock and they are reliable as hell. Drain the gas in the winter and store them dry and the engine will start right back up come spring.

I rode them in their glory days, the 1980's and they were not constantly breaking down.

To the OP though, don't spend $500 unless its your hobby piece and you love the bike.Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/17 06:43AM by toolguy.

Bruce Zapper /

As for me I enjoy working on mopeds, If you are not having fun repairing your moped you should't own a vintage moped. You should buy a cheap Chinese scooter and when it breaks put it on craigslist for "FREE", or throw it away and get another one!

um, what 'ped you get that needs all this attention.

we'll help you fix it, then thank us for rocking a magnum,

if you can still affordit.

which everybody has,

including me, except mine has a TTCD 70cc, custom intake facing forword,21mm, destroyer OG, hihi head, powerdynamo cdi, LED front-rear, gazelles, snowflakes, and a ridiculous 22tooth front sprocket, shifts at 30 into second.

wheels off doing sealed bearings

fix that magnum.

and tell us of your broken 'ped.

Cannot provide informed input w/o an overview of the current issues; tools on hand + exp will also factor in. Please share :D

I think I enjoy building more than riding itself, if that makes any sence, and would always choose the "repair" option (not that Id pass up buying another tho...).

Alright here’s the information you guys all want hahaha.... I got a Peugeot 103 non variated that isn’t running at all. I’ll be honest im new to all this so thanks for all the input really appreciate it everybody.

That Peugeot Variator is rusted.it needs some Work done!!

Thanks for reassuring me haha!!! I’m on a mission to get that Puch Magnum now

Thanks man!!! That’s what my subconscious was trying to tell me. It’s now worth the $500 if it’s not my dream moped.. rather save the cash. Keep it stock and work on it in the future. Rn I’m trying to get a moped I’ll dig riding all the time.

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

Step 1. Click "flat view" at the top of this page, then use the "quote" function to directly address another users response, to prevent yourself from looking like a babbling fool.

yeah best to have a runner for your first moped.

Yeah I texted the dude about the moped but unfortunately he hasn’t hit me back up.. damn! anyways i think I’ll keep that Peugeot 103 project for the future and keep looking for a reliable moped for sale.

I was actually trying to buy a Puch Magnum but the dude hasn’t replied.. the moped I own is a Peugeot 103 that needs some WORK done. Was looking to buy a running moped in the meantime.

Nobody likes a bully. * /

puchs are better first mopeds than pugs. but if you don't enjoy wrenching on em you won't enjoy owning em cause they WILL break.

You can get a new clone of the engine if your engine is shot and you don't want to fix it http://www.1977mopeds.com/product-p/50276.htm

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

Just look down. Into your heart. The asphalt speaks to you

Nathaniel Lister /

If ur buying parts from 1977 mopeds then expect to wait a year to get them if at all. I don't get why anyone would recommend that place

~ Classic Don Trumpter /

Another Toynbee idea ~ if u aim ur arrow 4 the mtn top it only lands in the hills but if u aim 4 the Moon ur arrow Will land on the mtn top

Charles Cole (OFMC) /

My daily rider Puch Free Spirit, since 2003, has only not started once because of the left hand switch shorting out. Took a while to figure out what was wrong, though. Clutch still looks new, even though I hauled a trailer around for 5 of those years, sometimes with 500 pounds. Maintenance is key. Pretty much much stock looking with very little mods. Could use a new paint job & chrome here & there.

« Go to Topic — end of thread