Who puts on the best rallies?

Mike Pizzarowski /

In the upcoming year (2018) I would like to take a couple road trips and make a couple rallies outside of my local ones. I’d be coming from Chicago area but distance isn’t really of a concern. I just want to be sure that if I’m making the trip it would be worth it and I want to plan ahead to at least make at least 2 or more rallies outside of the local ones I’ve been to. Stackup, who puts on the best ones??????

3F27151D-7994-4618-A36F-E765B72A34A8.jpeg

Re: Who puts on the best rallies?

What type of activities are you looking for that constitutes the "best rally". Some people enjoy just drinking and partying themselves to death as the best while others deem more adventurous riding as the best. I personally don't like sitting still in the same spot for more than an hour....my patience hits a wall and I get fidgety.

If you're in Chicago, go to JustTheTip. 200 miles in 2 days to the tip of Wisconsin. Its the shit

every rally is “the best” in its own way. some have better riding, some have better parties, some have better raffles, food, people etc. i make a point of going across the country for 2-3 rallies a year and to always make it to every rally i can drive to within a day eventually every rally is the best because you get to see friends you love as much as family. with that said, go to the new orleans rally, my first time rallying in NOLA i had the stomach flu and still enjoyed myself a lot.

Captain Janeway /

Don't know yet. Haven't been to them all. The three I've been to had lots of riding (which I love), and I had a chance to meet some of these people I've been talking to online.

I'd like to get to one cross country rally.

I live in New York near the PA border. I am def going to my first rally in 2018. Not sure what one yet but I will figure it out. If I can make it to 2 or 3, that would be great!

Casserollers in mpls, mn or dead possums in omaha, nb are both super fun

Just the tip was the best. But last year was the last one.

RIP Just The Tip. but indeed, literally every rally is the best rally, until you go to the next one, then thats the best rally.

Los Dorados did , but then we went broke and retired ...

Mike Pizzarowski /

I guess I did ask a pretty subjective question. Kind of hard to answer and the only way I’ll know is if I go. Thanks for the input!

My favorite rallies are ones where there has clearly been thought/investment by the hosting club to help ensure a good time.

I felt this most strongly with the two LGN rallies I've been to (Fun Fist 1 & 3 in Philly). Easy access to food, beer, super positive attitudes, truck bed pools, etc. Another +1 for NOLA too, and also the Sacramento groups (Lost Boys & Landsquids).

On the opposite side end of the spectrum, hosts bailing on housing "find your own housing Friday...etc", shutting out access to the only restroom "there is a wedding rehearsal inside", and host clubs not showing up their own rally make it less of a good experience.

At the end of the day, being around similar minded moped folk drinking beer in a parking lot after a long ride can be huge fun no matter what, but it's very evident when clubs go the extra mile to provide a true experience.

Mikey Antonakakis /

Salute Your Ports 2013 was pretty amazing. NoNos put on a good camping rally too, but I am a little biased ;)

Casserollers in Minneapolis is always good and not far from Chicago. They didn't do one in 2017 but I heard from one of them they're planning a rally in 2018 with long epic country rides.

Omaha, NE is a cool town too and reasonably close to you.

Any groups in the North East do rallies?

the club that hosts the rally shouldn't be responsible for housing or even finding housing for the attendees. it's not a requirement but is IS a nice gesture to those attending to show how welcoming you are. with that being said, there usually isn't housing provided at the nola rally unless you know someone/etc but everyone usually finds a place to sleep (even if it's in a random car or an abandoned house).

nola is small and compact so providing housing for 100 people is a pretty difficult measure. other cities it's not such a task.

with that being said --- nola rally.

Benjamin The Wandering Pacer /

Being an Omahaian, I am a bit bias but I say Rally of the Corn has been pretty consistently awesome. I haven't been to a lot of rallies but I thought Kazoo's rally (Not MA20) was pretty decent also.

Anywhere in the midwest .

Some of the best rallies I've attended have been thrown by...

The No-No's, Ypsilanti MI

The Zeros , Toledo Ohio.

The DAM riders, Dayton, Ohio.

Grand Rapids Ghost Riders, Grand Rapids MI

KMR , Kalamazoo Moped Riders. K-zoo MI.

just to name a few..

~ Classic Don Trumpter /

> mike piarowski Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> In the upcoming year (2018) I would like to take a couple road trips and

> make a couple rallies outside of my local ones. I’d be coming from

> Chicago area but distance isn’t really of a concern. I just want to be

> sure that if I’m making the trip it would be worth it and I want to plan

> ahead to at least make at least 2 or more rallies outside of the local

> ones I’ve been to. Stackup, who puts on the best ones??????

~ Hells Angels ~

> Dusty Rim Wrote:

> Anywhere in the midwest .

>

> Some of the best rallies I've attended have been thrown by...

>

> The No-No's, Ypsilanti MI

>

> The Zeros , Toledo Ohio.

>

> The DAM riders, Dayton, Ohio.

>

> Grand Rapids Ghost Riders, Grand Rapids MI

>

> KMR , Kalamazoo Moped Riders. K-zoo MI.

>

> just to name a few..

<3 Thanks for the shout out buddy. Ghost Ride remains a fun if riding in the best weather Michigan has to offer and you want more free beer than we as the hosting club know what to do with. Rides are long. Destinations are fun (Reach The Beach was a fucking blast, thanks to all who came!). We like raffling Honda bikes.

No Nos in Ypsi crush every year that they host. It's like a big 'ol camping weekend but it's only my best friends there instead of annoying festies trying to get me to smoke ditch weed and blab to me about Phish.

Also shouts out to NOLA homies for having the raddest rally hands down. I was sick the entire weekend and still managed to have one of the best times I've ever had on two wheels. Miss you Ryan.

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

Toledo/Detroit velodrome

> Garrett Holstrom Wrote:

> If you're in Chicago, go to JustTheTip. 200 miles in 2 days to the tip

> of Wisconsin. Its the shit

Ahh yes but this is the correct answer. Although I'd imagine cruising the bay in SF rivals it hard.Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/17 01:00PM by olav.

LgN, Upjet, Nola, Rip Inverness, Rip Nashville, Swoops, Creatures, Rip WLRs, QCB...

LgN is my personal favorite. So consistently awesome. I love all rallies as long as my peeps are there and we ride mopeds a lot.

Creature rallies are always tremendously epic. The combination of a small and dense city with tons of bikes makes for an amazing weekend.

Mike Pizzarowski /

Thanks for all the input guys. Hope to see some of you at the rallies!

Phoebe ~UPJET SUX CLUB~ /

Personal top rallies have been

Woolly Bullies Grom Nat Rally 2017- tons of activities, great peeps, rides that nearly made me cry out of heat exhaustion/happiness

NOLA rallies- even in the instances were rally planning was somewhat lacking New Orleans is just too damn fun

Richmond Smog Squad Rally 2016- The scavenger hunt really took advantage of the best parts of mopeds- blasting and doing stupid shit in a small group of your buds

LGN rallies- South Philly has no rules and LGN is a super organized, hospitable and tight club overall

(I also heard a lot of people say Pentagrom 2017 was tight but I was just suffering while running it so idk)

Well attended rallies (say HNR 2016) can make up for not-all-the-way-there rally planning so I'd look at some of the group rallies or larger ones if you like meeting new peepsEdited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/17 03:22PM by phoebe.

Ive heard so many good things about HNR. Man im not missing it this coming year. Bigger rallys are cool but a small rally can be awsome too. you get to know the people more. For example ive meet phobe^ like 3-4 times and never really got to talk to her . As for dusty rim at a smaller rally, we really got to sit down and hang. My thoughts are go to a rally where its a city you wanna go to. Make the best of the rally and enjoy the city.

Personal top rallies have been Mono & Ruffians but acr has by far the best ride.

not swoops. ours is whack, don't go.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Stoph Erson Wrote:

> Any groups in the North East do rallies?

Yes:

LGN throws perfect rallies where you can have fun with any amount of involvement,

I hated Pentragrom 2017 because I spent the whole weekend either a) pulling a trailer through NYC or b) snaking tampons out of the toilet, BUT!!! it was all worth seeing all my pals have a time.

UB is the best.

DAM had like an 80+ mile ride, lots of good food and beer, super hospitable hosts, awesome rally spot with basically no rules (fires, jumps, dirt pedding, fireworks, stage) and they KILL it every year with a raffle bike.

Smog scavenger hunt was a much needed switch up in the traditional fri-sat-sun rally routine, so much fun!!!

I'm glad people have enjoyed our rallies too, LGN just wants everyone to have fun for free and without rules and ideally without cops