~ Who Killed Moped Army ?

~ Classic Don Trumpter /

~ Way back in the Good Ol Days a New Threadhad 100's of Posts in a Few Minuts...But Now this Site is Deader than a Door nail ! ~ Was it the Lieing the Pomposity the Smugness the Groupthink what killed Moped Army ? Or is the Fad Over and Done with cuz yall Got Old like me ? ~ Just sayin !

Re: ~ Who Killed Moped Army ?

Trolls like you

Facebook

I use Moped Facebook and MA daily. The wiki here is an invaluable resource, especially paired with the instantaneous replying nature of the brand specific moped groups on Facebook. The site's not dead, people are just better connected than ever through the internet and there's other avenues to having your moped related questions/banter/etc responded to.

What he said .. Ditto .. ^ However it is Winter and MA always gets it's fair share of trolls like wanna be Don at this time of the year , so no big deal from my point of view .. Just don't play their game ...Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/17 10:49AM by donsumter.

~ Classic Don Trumpter /

> Don Sumpter (OFMC) Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> What he said .. Ditto .. ^ However it is Winter and MA always gets it's

> fair share of trolls like wanna be Don at this time of the year , so no

> big deal from my point of view .. Just don't play their game ...

~ Excuuuse meee...Good Sir ! ~ U wernt around in the Good Ol Daze of MA...iits a coinkydink MA took a Turn 4 The Worst rite about the Time U showed up and Stole my ID ! ~ Just sayin' !

Paul Boyer (OFMC) /

MA is alive & well.

Captain Janeway /

> - Joe - Wrote:

> Facebook

know a specific page, or just your local people?

Captain Janeway /

> Fi$ha $weet$, Treat From The Streets Wrote:

> I use Moped Facebook and MA daily. The wiki here is an invaluable

> resource, especially paired with the instantaneous replying nature of

> the brand specific moped groups on Facebook. The site's not dead, people

> are just better connected than ever through the internet and there's

> other avenues to having your moped related questions/banter/etc

> responded to.

Agreed. I use it a lot for the same reasons. The wiki is great. From looking at questions it's obvious a lot of people don't look there at all. Oh, and I've love just doing a search back through all time for things specific to my bike. I'm stashing a lot away in a document because one of these years I'll put a page together on Urbans for the wiki.

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

Two reasons:

1. The website change which sucks but few have the balls to say so.

2. MA members being total pricks to someone new to the site that just asks a question.

MA has self destructed. I saw it coming and tried to warn you.

I ain't had citrus for a month, and I'm RARIN' for a kill /

> Jim Rees Wrote:

> Two reasons:

>

> 1. Jim Rees

>

> 2. Jim Rees

Welp, we'll miss 'ya.

Then again, maybe not.

I'm new here...really new, maybe 3 weeks in.

Seems pretty active to me. I've always gotten what I need, at least as far as info goes (but those DAMN Cimatti side panels STILL elude me!!!).

There are always "the good old days", when a buck's worth of gas would take you and your Harley from border to border of this great state, and a nickel bag would last a week, but those days always seem to be gone when I get there.

Contribute and get from it what you will...it's still the best resource out there.

Chris

It's the stupid government

> Jim Rees Wrote:

> Two reasons:

>

> 1. The website change which sucks but few have the balls to say so.

>

> 2. MA members being total pricks to someone new to the site that just

> asks a question.

>

> MA has self destructed. I saw it coming and tried to warn you.

^^

The local people he hangs with use MA and Facebook together for the most part. Maybe Facebook has been a more fluid medium given the times we live in, in which people would rather synchronize all of their personal evolution and education through FB, but nearly all of us have the wiki and MA as a whole to thank for our development in mopeds and personally I can’t ever act anything but grateful that it exists. Fb is cool and all, but this recent animosity and turning of the backs towards MA is short sighted and juvenile. If you don’t like it or think it’s fallen off, then why are people even wasting energy making posts about it.

TLDR: suck my clit

It's much easier to complain about something that's broken than it is to get involved in it and actually fix it. Which to me is funny, because mopeds.

Interesting post, the traffic is much lower it seems, though without being an admin can't say for sure. I would blame Facebook I guess, I had it for 2 weeks 8 odd yrs ago and hated it! But I'm in the minority, it seems to grow like a weed and if you are on there already and there are moped groups, why not?

The hardcore attitude towards new people can't help, I have never understood this, why not be welcoming until someone proves they are an idiot, and not knowing anything about mopeds but liking them should not make you an idiot! Most come because they want to learn, and as time goes by more people will stumble on these bikes who never saw them when they were new. I don't understand "trolling" it is a phenomenon that one as old as I can't follow, the joy of starting shit for the sake of it or entertaining yourself seems so stupid, modern day bully? Pre-internet bully's learned to watch their mouths as there is always someone who will smack the shit out of you for talking shit, now you have no idea where the asshole is, (besides his mom's basement). No consequences for being an asshole. That said, most here are pretty cool.

To the site redesign, I don't think it sucks, especially for use on ones phone. Desk-top is fine...but I did not see the need for a re-boot, but then I'm not the one who puts his time into a free site for all of us, Thanks Simon! The buy/sell is invaluable, where else can you find that one obscure part...mopeders hoard.. :) The social aspect has really fallen away, and that is sad, but it is still a great place to visit on the 'net.

Michael Hartgers /

The new layout is tight. Fight me.

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

Count tr-olav ruined it for me.

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

> Downhill Harvey (OFMC) Wrote:

> Count tr-olav ruined it for me.

Don't you have some generic mentholated cigarettes to smoke or something old timer?

^ you too will age, it happens, think ahead, I wish I had, but caught up.

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

^ lol! :)

~ Classic Don Trumpter /

~ MA is The Best for Repair and Parts 4 sure ! ~I got a Little Sad at The Decepticons page...12 membersActive & 87 Re tired & there Not Alone on the Shrinking Gang list ~ What happend ? ~ Just sayin' !

Imho, things causing the reduced activity:

Facebook and other "instant gratification" social media.

EPA regulations on 2-strokes limiting imports.

Chinese scooter boom in 2008.

MA Trolls and negative-nancys.

Cell phone apps (old website was not user friendly on small screens while facebook n friends are+were killin it).

I hope the new website isn't too late to the cellphone game. I think It still needs work and ill continue making threads for suggestions. Don't kid yourself, its hard making one website that works great on both large screened puters and cellphones.

It's the venom............posters (or IM-posters if you like) taking poor newbies to task and using F-bombs instead of being considerate of people that aren't social hoodlums like themselves.

THEY know who they are.

Just this...........it's NOT a pleasant site anymore. If we can't be helpful and considerate to newbies, the site will just end up decaying.

The site was great when a true love of riding the moped was the common theme.

don-ohio (:^)

MA needs moar puppies

sn.jpg

A photo of Classic Don irl ...

Jellyfish.jpg