How to make a chopper...

i like the pic of the week. it looks nice, and lately its got me kicking aroung the idea of making a chopper. i got a few questions though. One, is what should i use for the forks? standard moped forks just arent long enough. Also, i would like a wider rear tire like the one in the pic. should i just use a motorcycle wheel? also, shoud i chop up and existing frame, or make my own (which i will have no problem doing) is there anything i have forgotten? id like to here from some people who have built choppers, and the results they got. I think my best bet would be to start at a junk yard. i would appreciate any and ALL input on the subject!

RE: How to make a chopper...

i made asort of garelli chopper, by using motobecane forks. they are a bit longer than the short italian ones, and kick it back just a touch.

dan

moped army

swarm and destroy

I'm doing the same thing to my Vespa Ciao but after looking at the frame for hours at a tim I've decided to make a new frame with a rear swing arm suspention.I'm getting ready to over boar the head for a bigger pistin,bigger jets for the carb,and performanc mufler.I'm going to try a mountan bike frame first.If you do the chopper thing..stay in touch and we can exchange photos or advice and if you know of any other chopper pics from the net,let me know....good luck.Rick

Barbu from Sweden /

look at these choppers and get design ideashttp://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Lane/4702/pictures/renega-2.htm

Re: How to make a chopper...

County Inc. None /

County Inc. Chop Shop

I am building a custom Moped chopper for myself, as an advertising product for my small garage. If anyone is interested in collaborating with me, I would love to consult with them. If so, drop me a letter and I will try to get back to you as soon as possible.

Do you have a photograph of it County Inc.?

Get some 4130 tubing and start from scratch!!!!

Personally, moped frames are very weak. I say just make a motorcycle style frame and keep the original 50cc engine (with some tweaks of course).

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account