Flat Out Friday -INDOOR FLAT TRACK MOPED RACING WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Milwaukee, Feb 23rd, there will be a moped class at Flat Out Friday in this year.

It will be a dead engine start, and you will have to peddle your bike to start it. You will race around a small concrete oval covered in coke syrup, in hopes of entertaining a bunch of people at the Bradly Center. Pipes will need silencers, and your moped must have been street legal and sold with pedals from the factory. (no no-peds). Proper gear is required, and costumes are encouraged (the goal here is to entertain as much as race). Call or email for more rules.

Entries are limited, so don’t delay.

More info regarding the event is here: https://flatoutfriday.com

If you’re interested, please email service@moto-scoot.net, or call us (Andy or Paula) at 414.272.6680.Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/17 03:09PM by grahammotzing.

Re: Flat Out Friday

Baron Von Hamilton /

OMG this is great!

Re: Flat Out Friday

Bump this even looks so rad! Like the hippest this this winter.

Re: Flat Out Friday -INDOOR FLAT TRACK MOPED RACING WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

I think this got missed because it was in OT but holy shit, we've been talking about putting this together for years but Paula actually did something because she's a boss like that and takes the fuck care of business and SPONSERD A WHOLE MOPED CLASS just for dumb nerds like us to come out and play.

If you don't know... this is racing on a basketball-court-sized circle track inside a stadium that has the floor covered in soda syrup so its sticky as hell. The g's you can pull are redic and everyone is elbow to elbow in a tiny area.

THIS IS WHAT IS HAPPENING!

I just filled out my registration today... in typical Cranks fashion we don't have a party planned yet but you can be assured if you show up we'll throw down with some typical MKE hospitality. There is an awesome motorcycle show on Saturday and we'll be racing on the ice sunday. I'll have my KTM out there which you can ride if you've never ridden a 200 lb/35 hp two stroke on glare ice with insane traction... its rad. Bring a sweater.Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/17 03:16PM by grahammotzing.

Also didn't realize there was already a Genfor post about it but it was full a stupids so i just deleted it, resume getting ampt in this thread plz.

While the post states stock exhaust and pedal start, we have changed that to let'er rip exhaust and we will accept kickstart.

Baron Von Hamilton /

Always thought this was so dope. Man I want to go and bring my Sporster for vintage class and a moped.....ugh why is Milwaukee so far...

Evan Peppers /

Racing mopeds on an oval is the only way

> Evan Peppers Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Racing mopeds on an oval is the only way

What a ridiculous thing to say.

Anyway, I'm very jealous of those of you who will get to do this. It is sure to be a blast!

blah blah blah blah /

Guess its all in the sales pitch. This looks like serious, bad-ass fun.

What would be the ideal bike & drive train for a short track moped build??

not a moped?

haha i dunno probably a short geared stock vespa variated or a hobbit with really light vario weights?

if you watch the videos, its a crotch forward dirtbike riding style so dirtbike bars and an upright riding position will probably help.

Evan Peppers /

Fast bikes will do better but you can only go so fast on the straight. Here in pennsultucky we used to run on a short track and I almost got beat by a stock Tomos and I was riding my 70cc Peugeot monster

Can I run my pullstart Magnum X? Kinda wanna show up for this

Only 45 minutes away... So tempted.

IMG_0641.JPG

a kart track moby would be terrible for flat track racing.

agreed. but I can ditch the clip ons and chuck a different style of handle bars on it. best I can do . I thought about pulling the faring off and just using the seat support.

IMG_0386.JPG

show up or shut up. bring it out dude!!!

my buddy won inappropriate class last year on a bone stock 60,000 mile + honda pacific coast 800 against way better set up bikes.

when you're racing on the track that is smaller than your back yard, no telling what will happen. variator is probably a good thing.

unfortunately i do think they might grip about kiddie dirtbikes since there is specifically classes for kids riding kids dirtbikes and also minibike classes. worst they can say is no then you proceed to get drunk.

Randy Oehlerking /

Bump. Sounds Amazing!

TWO MONTH WARNING! COMMENCE TO GETTING AMP'T!

We are at 8 of 12 registered and need all 12 to run the class!!!

If you're thinking about doing it, hit me up and get your app submitted. Gotta do it by snail mail with a paper check so get moving on it. Come out and support these opportunities when awesome local shops step to the plate and sponsor a category, otherwise they wont be around. Moped is pretty much the only category that didn't instantly sell out... bummer.

I just got my ice tires for my KTM so I'll have that out on sunday. If you come into town i'll let ya ride it!

blah blah blah blah /

Familiar view of Milwaukee (from the Lake-Express ferry)! Ice racing looks like killer fun. Have ridden plenty on sleds and ATV's on ice but never a bike. I'd love to attend FF but got no where to run and tune a bike this time of year. I'm thinking it would have to "downshift" aggressively when entering the turns (to 10-15mph??) in order to accelerate out of the turns consistently before sprinting down the straights (max 30-35mph??) Not something you can tweek on the bench. One of your DR rigs would probably hold its own. Y'all need to start pushing this event in Aug/Sept so a Northerner can tune a bike before putting it to bed!! Maybe next year?

you literally are not allowed to have a front brake

there are really no rules, the front brake thing only applies to the real flat track dudes, i'm definitely going to have a cheater lever but i don't think i'll use it.

half the mopeds registered so far are basically stock vespas so it should be a pretty spread out pack, or maybe stock vespa will win and we'll all look like chumps for overthinking this shit.

for tuning maybe like find an old k-mart and break in? i dunno my buddy spent 3 hours in a parking lot the weekend before the race last year and won, so i don't think its that big of a deal either way.

Baron Von Hamilton /

I wish I could go so bad....stupid work. It always seems when there is a cool event I want to do I have a mandatory work requirement.

woah this is only about 3 weeks away dudes and dudettes

i got a special deal through work that i can order tickets direct at a discount- $17 each, and we can all sit together. email me motzingg (a) gmail or paypal that address by tomorrow.

This is not a race, you will win by having controle over the bike and be able to get off and on the pipe quickly. Stock would probably be best tune

gotta catch me, but you're right, anyone that beats me gets a hard dry hand whammie

wooooo!

a couple swoops and I that have been doing road racing went to a slick floor event last night and were definitely way too confident. That shit is hard! I can't imagine it will be any easier without a clutch and almost no engine braking!

y'all gonna have some goofy fun though!

IMG_20180205_215227.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/18 09:54AM by andysimpson.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Rocco Taco Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> This is not a race, you will win by having controle over the bike and be

> able to get off and on the pipe quickly.

How can you win something that isn't a race?

Also, you just described the technique required to win pretty much every type of professional motorsport race that has ever been done.

yeah, from my experience last night you don't really want to be on and off the power- any time I rolled on or off the throttle too quickly I went down. maintaining smooth consistent power and trying not to tuck the front end seems to be trick to not eating shit.

Baron Von Hamilton /

Mannn I wanted to go to this so bad. I hope it happens again next year and I don’t have a mandatory work event to go to.....