Hero Massive head choices?

todd amundson /
IMG_1470.JPG
IMG_1462.JPG

Hello,

I'm assembling a PUCH Hero kit on some Korado 3 bearing cases that are kick start. i will not be using the kickstart mechanism, only the cover. The engine will be pull start only once completed with a KTM clutch.

My question is, what type of head would best fit this kit? It's really big and looks like a Gila or Magnum head would "Fit" best. The Magnum would need to be machined to 43.5mm which I don't think would be possible from the stock casting and the Gila would be too big of a combustion area.

Hmmm.

I just don't want some puny hobbit head sitting on a huge cylinder.

IMG_1469.JPG

Re: Hero Massive head choices?

todd amundson /

> Chris Straub Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> https://www.treatland.tv/custom-cut-43-5mm-high-compression-head-for-PUCH-p/custom-head-003.htm

Oh i have seen this already. I guess it's already set up for it but I'm looking for a square head. Anything else that will make this job any harder on myself?

Probably Fred /

A magnum head is my go to head!

Take a magnum head sand it to flat removing all raised areas, put a bevel/squish band on it.

I remove all but maybe 10% of the raised sufaces with my Makita belt sander then I finish by hand with 200 grit 500 grit and like 1,000-1,200grit then I dremel a squish band in it

E1D225FE-607A-4AF4-B8F8-24FEFB862541.jpeg

Factory korado head if you can find one.

magnum head looks pretty good, tomos a55 as well. im using a mk80 head on mine, jsut because that was what was around and it works fine.

on E50 cases and I dont know why this is, Ive just noticed it on two motors, if you dont use a Korado head it will smack the piston on the head, you can space the base out a bit, but that can mess up the port timing, on ZA50's or Karadao cases, I use a Magnum head like Ken suggested

> todd amundson Wrote:

> The Magnum head

> would need to be machined to 43.5mm which I don't think would be

> possible from the stock casting

I think there is enough metal. Chuck it into a lathe and face down the boss at the mating surface and use a head gasket. Take the angle off the piston and cut a squish band out to the bore diameter. Magnum heads have less compression than the high torque heads with the sealing groove so it should work out

I mean align the compound with the dome plus a little further for the squish angle

todd amundson /

> niklaus g Wrote:

> I mean align the compound with the dome plus a little further for the

> squish angle

What's this compound you speak of?

Use the hero head.

the compound on the lathe, so you can cut the squish at the correct angle

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account