Photo's of Old Farts who still ride

I'll get thinks rolling by posting this ... yep , at's me ...

20246403_1542199832466820_8588631535122053346_n.jpg

Re: Photo's of Old Farts who still ride

#CrazyWayne #CrazyWayneRocks /

Damn dude you look like a corpse propped up on that moped.

IMG_1824.jpg

I double dog dare ya to have as much fun as this old fucker. I once was kayaking a solid class 4 river with a guy that was 89. As we were sharing a couple puffs of hippie lettuce, because a couple is all it takes. I asked him "what attributed to his longevity" , and he said "I stopped drinking and smoking at 40". I never forgot those wise words. This is a small sample of the posse I roll with.

Keep ridin and havin fun, you fellow older guys/gals. I'm takin the StreetMate down to FL with me. I'm looking forward to cruising the beaches and town. Be proud,Don!

There was a story a coupla-three years ago about a 92? yr old guy still ridin.

That gives me another 27 yrs.! LOL! don-ohio (:^)

Screenshot_20171017-210822.png

That's me impersonating a young wild and crazy rider. 67 years on this planet.

Yep,impersonating the young and senseless.....LOL! I see you have shorts, no gloves, no long sleeves, weak shoes, but I hope you had a helmet?

At 67 you ought to know better. don-ohio

1 wheelie, 1 crash...

Turns those stats around Marc.

I thought everybody understood that when The Hobbit is getting ready to hit the pipe you need to keep your body for word are you going to be taking a nap on the pavement.

Can you post the other pictures I like the fact that all the slow moped's are in front of you in that full photo.

This is all Mike of rust was letting me see. And yea omg did I ever regret not wearing the stuff I usually wear when I go mountain biking. I always have knee and elbow 661 and Troy Lee protection. That hobbit was sitting for months while I was focused on my grande re re re re re build. The gas was disgusting and the pilot jet of the phbg was more clogged than patent. That's why I was circling around the coffee shop trying to clear it so it would go from idle to 1/4 . Well it certainly cleaned itself up at Fair oaks and sunrise. Immediatly hit the pipe and ouch. Subsequently I realized that it might be a good idea to have the kill switch right there where ur thumb is so I ordered a mid rise renthal bar from motosports which is in the mail.the bar on there was a pos off an old mountain bike. I may cut the spring another inch or so on the kx80 shocks in addition to lower the front end. It sure was fun while it lasted.

Yeah things always wake up at sunrise it seems like.

Very poetic Byron

Woolfardisworthy bullfardisworthy /

MARC, PLEASE POST VIDEO THIS. THANK YOU

Sweet video.

Hepatitis J [OFMC] /

Will post a picture of myself when i can figure out how to scan these polaroids .

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

image.jpg

So is this a radiology quiz with a.possible non displaced radial head fracture ? Because the concavity of the head is undisturbed and the carpals are intact suggesting u don't have a tfcc injury .

Cool pics and vid. I'm a geezer and still get down!! It's the gettin' back up that's hard af.

Oh Marc..!! I'm laughing - i'm not laughing at you, but I'm laughing. What a classic profile pic..!! Glad you weathered through it...!Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/17 09:02PM by cgarner.

I donno if dad has reached old fart status yet

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/17 09:14PM by fowler.

Sorry that it's not one of my 50cc machines, but I did recently ride around 3500 kms/2170 miles to participate in the Southern Scooter Challenge charity ride on my unrestored, 1983 Vespa PX200E. It was a short, 10-day jaunt from my home to Bluff, NZ, which is at the bottom of the South Island.

The ol' scoot ran perfectly the whole trip, in spite of riding through heavy rain, gale-force winds and a hail storm; the rider, maybe not quite as well... ;-)

I have ridden a 50 (a resuurected-from-junkTGB Express 50) on a 910 km/560 mile round trip, which was to attend another charity ride, the Central Plateau Scooter Challenge, as well as taking my unrestored, 1982 Suzuki FS50 No-Ped on yet another charity ride called Survivor Scooter. That was an off-road event (really!) over the back roads of Central Otago.

The little Yammy went bitchen, down-hill. Up-hill, not so much. Still, the No-Ped survived its four-day off-road ordeal, proof that a good moped is virtually indestructible... (Hey, it's my old-age fantasy and I'm sticking with it..! -LOL)

beatnikbedouin.jpg

Suzi Creamcheese.jpg

Sorry that it's not one of my 50cc machines, but I did recently ride around 3500 kms/2170 miles to participate in the Southern Scooter Challenge charity ride on my unrestored, 1983 Vespa PX200E. It was a short, 10-day jaunt from my home in the Coromandel to Bluff, NZ, which is at the bottom of the South Island.

The ol' scoot ran perfectly the whole trip, in spite of riding through heavy rain, gale-force winds and a hail storm; the rider, well,maybe not quite as well... ;-)

I have ridden a 50 (a resuurected-from-junkTGB Express 50) on a 910 km/560 mile round trip, which was to attend another charity ride, the Central Plateau Scooter Challenge, as well as taking my unrestored, 1982 Suzuki FS50 No-Ped on yet another charity ride called Survivor Scooter. That was an off-road event (really!) over the back roads of Central Otago.

The little Yammy went bitchen, down-hill. Up-hill, not so much. Still, the No-Ped survived its four-day off-road ordeal, proof that a good moped is virtually indestructible... (Hey, it's my old-age fantasy and I'm sticking with it..! -LOL)

beatnikbedouin.jpg

Suzi Creamcheese.jpg

ruapehu - PC.jpg

Apologies for the double-up on my post. I'm not sure what happened (and in spite of my old age, I'm very familiar with current technology).

You sir are awesome.

Seriously! Please keep it up!

Still doin' this shit for 38 years - at the Duluth rally this September.

IMG_7726.JPG

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

Very good analysis Marc, however there was a nickel sized distal break also at the left side of the radius that needed to be "massaged" into place. Damn ladders.

> Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Very good analysis Marc, however there was a nickel sized distal break

> also at the left side of the radius that needed to be "massaged" into

> place. Damn ladders.

This is kinda off topic, but to help us oldsters I thought I'd better show this. I bought one to stabilize my extension ladder and let me install gutters without having to LEAN BACK

while fastening. This thing works great and is cheap.So if yer old or just don't feel too stable on ladders, get this thing.

Now on my 300lb. rated Werner extension ladder,I hadda drill 4 holes for the safety clips because my rungs were about 1/4" too thick.

Here's the link to ebay I hope works:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ladder-Stabilizer-Roof-Stand-Off-Roof-Zone-48589-/262882156508?epid=710103073&hash=item3d34ff5fdc:g:kkcAAOSwTuJYvD1e

don-ohio (:^)Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/17 11:23AM by don45640.

I've got a slightly different roof standoff to get the weight transferred directly onto the roof. Maybe only10,000 times Safer than without one. I used to have open gutters on my two story house surrounded by trees. It was a given that on most Pacific storms at the worst parts I would be up on a 28 ft ladder trying to unclog the gutters. Then I wized up and put leafguard gutters on after I redid the roof. Since then I have studiously avoided the roof. Also have a galvanized pole through the roof down into the attic ( third floor! Yikes ) so as to be able to rope myself with a self.arrest balle vest if needed. I see alot of people in the trauma room who thought they would get those Xmas decorations all nice and tidy up on their roofs.

Good points,Marc. Hopefully they'll help someone prevent injury to themselves.

Yes,I saw other types of stand-offs,but this one really did the job for me.

I wouldn't even go up 28 ft..............this job was too high for me at just 18 ft.....LOL! don-ohio (:^)

As some of you guys might know is I am a roofer , and I look at falling off a ladder or roof like this .. It's not so much the fall , just that sudden stop at the end ...