Fastest stock moped *Jeremy Clarkson voice* IN THE WORLD

SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT

No for real, show me the fastest stock moped ever built by the hand of man in all history. Richard "Nixon" told me the fastest he ever heard of was 180 mph. Could be pulling my leg, but I wanna know. WHERE IT AT THO?

Re: Fastest stock moped *Jeremy Clarkson voice* IN THE WORLD

shaw had a tomos a35 that did 60

My SACHS semi stock 1-d hitting warp factor 8.3 for the first time .... (well , you asked ...)

Rodney's Puch Magnum 47mm Eurokit GPS'ed at 70mph

^thread is about stock mopeds

anyways, it was an autisa 10 port kit... (edited)

Stock is a pretty loose term, are we talking out of the store no changes 0 miles stock, or removing all the restrictors stock?

Probably stock, as in what anyone could go to a bike store and ride away on type of stock.

i imagine it would be like 30mph with 2hp right? that was the legal restrictions, except for my the 501-d didnt that have like almost 3hp?

Jeremy Homser /

What about just using stock parts but not necessarily what you could buy out of a shop.

My first moped, '78 Motobecane 50v no hop up parts, only opened up the exhaust a bit, I was radared at 37 mph, and pulled over for it, not cited, as the cop did not believe his gun, was told to slow down young man, lol. I did only weigh 160 soaking wet back then so that prob helped. Cheapest speed move? A diet! :)

new tomos with 22t rear does 39mph, bone stock otherwise

^ this is good to know.

Variant revolutions do a low 30s stock so I'm sure brand new off the showroom floor they probably did 35.

! ! Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> new tomos with 22t rear does 39mph, bone stock

> otherwise

Zachs been working on his long distance stock tomos wheelies... super legit watching a bone stock moped wheelie an entire parking lot

talking fastest as it came off the floor? go older. most of our 70's & 80's bikes were specifically tuned to meet ~30mph regulations.

i had a pair a sachs seviles with 1d engines. they both easily went 37 as they came off the floor. i don't mod bikes for speed increases. 1d engines are 2.7hp so thats pretty tough to top.

Boot 2Thehead Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> i had a pair a sachs seviles with 1d engines. they

> both easily went 37 as they came off the floor. i

> don't mod bikes for speed increases. 1d engines

> are 2.7hp so thats pretty tough to top.

Not really. The A55 is 2.2KW or 2.9hp at the wheel on a dyna. If you're talking 2.7hp advertised in the 70's it could be even less in comparison.

The Tomos Sprint or Arrow are lighter than your Seville, giving them a better hp to weight ratio which is a truer measure of the overall top speed potential than hp alone.

The restrictions on a Tomos are primarily independent of the engine so without having to open it up, a sprocket, pipe and main jet and 30 minutes of free time will push them +50 mph relatively easy.

That's why TDC.

i dunno about 50mph+, but certainly 44mph.

I got my Magnum X pushing about 36 or 37 on flat totally stock other than the rear shocks. Goes about 40 with some light porting. Technically it's a pitbike but with a larger sprocket (and wheels) it'd probably really get up there. (edited)

We have a maxi that goes 50. 15sha and biturdbo

Charlie Buzzard rode it on our last group ride and GPSed it.

Up until a 1/2 hour before he rode it the cylinder was filled with water and the points were super crusty. Should have had him send me a screen shot.

STOCK MEANS STOCK. even gearing makes it not stock.

If stock means stock i'd probably say that german 70s/80s mopeds win the race, they were made in a stock 50mph class. 50 cc, only problem would be theyre shifty fiftys.

The 30mph restriction was put in effect here before mopeds even did 30, so no stock moped here has ever done 30mph+.

A55 aren't vintage mopeds. if the born on date is after 1984 I personally don't have any interest in them. I'm comparing vintage apples to vintage apples. Sachs 1d engines are tough to top.

yea, those are nice. i mean, i've rebuilt stock e50s on fully stock frames to 36mph? thats not bad right? does stock allow taking off head gaskets and running thicker base gaskets? using modern bearings?

Derbi ds50 unrestricted 43 with 260lb rider thread end

All you do is take out the intake shim and the variation that's it

ds50? if we're just putting pedals on scooters and calling them mopeds maybe :)

No those pedals are functional when them full boards are up my friend. Completely moped. End thread

The amusing thing I find about this question is that just about everywhere now legally the fastest moped does 50 km/h (30 mph). The question is absurd in that, the technically correct answer is criminal.

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

^^^

That's not true. The law says on a flat surface. So you can definitely go faster legally.

Also you're boring.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account