Re: Opinions on the KTM Foxi de luxe

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Back in the moped craze of the late 1970s, factories were struggling unsuccessfully to keep up with USA demand. Most manufacturers took the easy and faster way out, buying engines from established makers rather than tooling and designing their own which would be too costly and time consuming. The Foxi is an example of the supplier (Puch) being unable to fill the order in a timely manner, so the company sourced out whatever they could and made it fit, in this case the 504.

The situation I described was not just for motors, but all components. That is why for example you will find two Maxis with sequential serial numbers with two different tail light assemblies. They used whatever they could get their hands on in a frantic market. CEV had many unfilled orders so you will see different switches, lights, etc. on the same model and year of lots of makes. Sometimes I laugh when I see someone trying to find the "correct" tail light for their model moped. Little do they know that whatever they could find was correct.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account