Opinions on the KTM Foxi de luxe

Hey guys, I picked up a KTM Foxi de luxe , and wanted to know your guys opinion on the bike. Is it a sought after bike? Is it common or uncommon? I've fallen in love with it as I have been beginning to restore it, and wanted to see what others feel about it! :)

Re: Opinions on the KTM Foxi de luxe

Did yours come with any spear-fishing gear?

(edited)

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

one of my favorite bikes cos it's kind of a weirdo. it has the 504 sachs engine, but the frame is actually built to accept a puch engine. it has an adapter to convert the puch mounts to hold the sachs.

the worst terry Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> one of my favorite bikes cos it's kind of a

> weirdo. it has the 504 sachs engine, but the frame

> is actually built to accept a puch engine. it has

> an adapter to convert the puch mounts to hold the

> sachs.

That's odd, so you can take the adapter plate off and bolt a puch engine right on?

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

Ooh baby. What's underneath all that plastic?

E50 mounts? Sold!

You can also mount a 505 on there with that kit too right? In case you want the D.

Jeremy Homser /

No the 505 will not fit. Only a 504 with the foxi bracket or a puch engine with the bracket removed.

put a za50 on it duh

also get the ktm mags oof

apparently it was some sort of last minute thing, original design was puch, there are some puch powered KTM's out there, but not that we got in the states.

But deal was made with sachs last minute, and adapters put in to fit the 504 (not 505 - no sir) in place of the e50.

I also really like them, they've got that iconic frame tank moped shape, like a maxi or sprint, but bigger tank and nice little add ons. I think they nailed a lot of the style accents well

the handle is a neat addition that I've wanted to copy on my bikes

the handlebar stem is a negative, and lots people are bummed on sachs in general. they're not as easy or reliable to do fast as an e50, but that makes it more satisfying in a lot of ways too.

I miss mine. It isn't as easy as bolt on and go with the puch motor though, gotta get a puch wheel and space some stuff kinda funky, but it's great.

Also, did you get one with the skinny 5 stars? Most rad wheels ever.

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

i forgot i posted about mine in the destroy blog forever ago, here's some pictures of the adapter/frame

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

Back in the moped craze of the late 1970s, factories were struggling unsuccessfully to keep up with USA demand. Most manufacturers took the easy and faster way out, buying engines from established makers rather than tooling and designing their own which would be too costly and time consuming. The Foxi is an example of the supplier (Puch) being unable to fill the order in a timely manner, so the company sourced out whatever they could and made it fit, in this case the 504.

The situation I described was not just for motors, but all components. That is why for example you will find two Maxis with sequential serial numbers with two different tail light assemblies. They used whatever they could get their hands on in a frantic market. CEV had many unfilled orders so you will see different switches, lights, etc. on the same model and year of lots of makes. Sometimes I laugh when I see someone trying to find the "correct" tail light for their model moped. Little do they know that whatever they could find was correct.

what's she got? a fucking spear gun? damn....is she about to ride a moped underwater?

shes gonna kick yer ass... thats whats up

Paul Boyer (OFMC) /

Tri-ped Dave Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Back in the moped craze of the late 1970s,

> factories were struggling unsuccessfully to keep

> up with USA demand. Most manufacturers took the

> easy and faster way out, buying engines from

> established makers rather than tooling and

> designing their own which would be too costly and

> time consuming. The Foxi is an example of the

> supplier (Puch) being unable to fill the order in

> a timely manner, so the company sourced out

> whatever they could and made it fit, in this case

> the 504.

> The situation I described was not just for

> motors, but all components. That is why for

> example you will find two Maxis with sequential

> serial numbers with two different tail light

> assemblies. They used whatever they could get

> their hands on in a frantic market. CEV had many

> unfilled orders so you will see different

> switches, lights, etc. on the same model and year

> of lots of makes. Sometimes I laugh when I see

> someone trying to find the "correct" tail light

> for their model moped. Little do they know that

> whatever they could find was correct.

This explains a lot. Thanks. Very good info.

Also anything KTM made & makes is cool!!!

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account