1. Approximately three-fourths of these motorcycle accidents involved collision with another vehicle, which was most usually a passenger automobile.
6. In the multiple vehicle accidents, the driver of the other vehicle violated the motorcycle right-of-way and caused the accident in two-thirds of those accidents.
15. The median pre-crash speed was 29.8 mph, and the median crash speed was 21.5 mph, and the one-in-a-thousand crash speed is approximately 86 mph.
17. Conspicuity of the motorcycle is most critical for the frontal surfaces of the motorcycle and rider.
30. The large displacement motorcycles are underrepresented in accidents but they are associated with higher injury severity when involved in accidents.
40. Injury severity increases with speed, alcohol involvement and motorcycle size.