Garelli Gran Sport LTD Coming Along...

I've been hunting down parts for this 1978 Garelli Gran Sport LTD for about a year now. I have three of these GS LTDs in my collection. This specific model holds a special place in my heart because it is identical to the 1978 GS LTD that I bought brand new in 1978 from Moped Palace in Summit, NJ. I rode that bike all through High School from 1978-1981.

This one has a rebuilt motor, replacement on/off switch, new drive chain, replacement muffler, new pedal arm and pedal and replacement gas tank (thanks RobK!). I still have to install a rear brake cable and top off the tranny with some fresh ND 30 oil and then take her out for a spin. Wish me luck!

garelligsltd.jpg

(edited)

Re: Garelli Gran Sport LTD Coming Along...

Bad Cadillac™ /

Looks great Larry!

I too obtained and restored my very first moped, my Vespa Si. Rode that all over and to my lawn cutting jobs.

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

Gorgeous. Please promise me you will ditch the added on by American Garelli oil "injector". The USA importer stuck those on to make us stupid Americans comfortable with 2 strokes

Looking good, I have my Moby for the same reason. Enjoy!

cool ped Larry

Hey why not start another rally?

Peter Turenne /

I am happy to see another step thru Garelli LTD get put back together and not stripped down and parted out. I really enjoy the ride my Rally Sport LTD provides. I bet this bike is no slouch either. The only thing that would be sweet is to see a storage saddle that the Rally sport has on the grand sport. Great work.

I'm looking for some help. Where can I find ownership manual for my 1980 garelli sport?

I'm having trouble finding good an expanded view for component placement, specifically the coil and "junction box". Also, where can I find original original style switches for the lights/horn and brake lights?

Larry, Kim and I hosted annual moped rides for 11 years. We ended it because we had more people than we could safely manage. Hence the reason why we stopped doing them. We now host an annual "by invitation only" scooter ride on that same weekend for bikes 125cc and greater. It's much easier to manage this kind of ride than the 75+ moped riders with bikes of various states of disrepair that attended our last moped only ride, four years ago. We had great times hosting those rides, but it had run its course.

Larry Ward Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> cool ped Larry

>

> Hey why not start another rally? (edited)

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account