Talk to me about your hose.

No not that hose.

What kind of fuel line do you guys use. I have tried a few.

soft neon green stuff from treats was great at first then it got hard and started to leak.

Re: Talk to me about your hose.

The tygon hose treats has is really nice. It's kinda pricey though.

I use the black automotive style line from the auto parts store.

~ Classic Don Trumpter /

~ Same hear !

I've used all of them. They all have pros and cons. I like the clear stuff so I can watch the fuel flow; just don't plan on never removing it. I like the super durable reinforced rubber stuff cause it outlasts the moped and doesn't harden over time.

So I like to run clear from the filter to the carb (never ever take it off) and something that can be removed and reinstalled many times from valve to filter.

Aron Chaudiere /

Cool thanks for the input, it seems to always be one area that I'm having issues on a bike.

clear filter solid auto store line for best of both worlds.

tygon is real nice but i'm always worried it's gonna come off. doesn't grip grip like decaying clear line does.

I use clear filters, usually the giant paper john deere filters in lowes, but they get cloudy before they need to be replaced. I don't clean gas tanks anymore, I just use ethanol treatment and stick with paper.

Home depot clear 3/16. Change yearly

McMaster Carr! 5552K24 Semi-Clear Soft Tygon PVC Tubing for Fuels and Lubricants, 3/16" ID, 5/16" OD

Andrew Squiggman /

copper tubing and flare fittings

2nd on the Tygon from Mcmaster. Buy a roll and be set for life.

Blue Tygon from Rural King. Comes in 10' lengths. I stocked up on it when I was in Florida a few weeks ago.

black rubber shit from auto parts stores. it's "not bad."

Dan (LandLordsMG/PSVMC) /

I used the black auto parts stuff at first, then went to clear PVC so I could see the flow, now I'm back to black rubber because the PVC gets hard and cracks.

Haven't tried tygon yet.

Aron Chaudiere /

All the reviews about tygon by people using it on their weed eaters say it gets hard and leaks...

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account