may I introduce myself. My name is Richard I'm 47 years old and from the South of Germany near Munich.
I grew up with smell of 2 stroke engines. My grandparents owned a specialized bicycle and Motorbike (Mopeds) retail and workshop until 2001. I already started to do my first repairs at the age of 10 or so.
Then there was a break of about 25 years.
In 2013 I started again to get into the 2 stroke fever.
Bought a first Hercules Moped for restoration and then a second and a third. After doing the first things, I rembered all the basics(repairing and tuning) I learned from my grandpa and dad back in the late 1970th and early 1980th.
My First Bike a Hercules K50 Sprint from 1973 still with the Stock engine
50cc Cast Iron Cylinder
44 mm stroke 38 mm bore 2 transfer ports
this bike got a little Engine tweak
the modifications I have made
- Built in 6 Gear transmission from a Sachs 50SW (LC Version)
- Gilardino 80cc Alu Nikasil plated Cylinder 48mm bore 44mm stroke 4 tranfer ports
- Upgrade from a 18 mm Bing to a 26 mm Dellorto carburator
- replaced stock crankshaft with a RITO crankshaft with enforced crank pin and full crank cheek (don't know is that the right englsh term for it??)
- pipe is custom built by Ralf Waldmann aka "the most sucessfull Moto-GP rider who never won the World Chapionship"
The second one how I got from ebay Hercules K50 RL from 1976
This how she looks like at the moment. The Engine is still the Stock Engine but completely revised.
Engine Sachs 50s
Original Mahle Cylinder Nicasil plated 38mm bore 44 mm stroke with 6.25hp
Original Bing 1/19/31 carburator but will be replaced with a Mikuni VM20-151
And my latest project a Hercules Ultra III LC from 1979 but not started to rebuild yet.