QT50 work space ideas .... ???

made you look 9 /

I'm always having trouble when I attempt to work on my yamahopper. I have a completely packed full two car garage that i park it in year round. But it is such a hassle to go thru all the trouble of trying to squeeze it out the garage door without knocking over all the clutter. I have the same issues when I want to work on/tinker with my bike or do some work to it. I barely ever ride the bike due to the issues.

With that being said, i am in need of some type of solution to store my scooter that's easily accessible and with some room to work on it as well. I have been trying to either find or build a custom style table that I can roll my bike up on to that will lift the bike up off the ground creating an accessible work space to do any work I may desire. I havnt been able to think of a solution to make storing it simple to take in and out for quick rides without having to take 15 minutes getting it out of the garage. I think the only option would be to clean the damn garage. But I dont know if that is an option __ now. Any body have any ideas that could help me with my problems? I am looking for like a 3 ft wide by 8 ft long and about 2ft high (dimensions are estimate) table, box, platform, or work bench thingy I can roll my bike up on to that I can use as a work bench/station. Anyone have one or able to make me something??

All ideas and comments are appreciated. Thanks dudes. Nick.

Re: QT50 work space ideas .... ???

no one of covfefe /

lets see a pix of your garage?

Jack Rutherford /
IMG_4533-768x576.jpeg

Hang it from the ceiling. Kayak lift - $15 on amazon.

After that get a cheap folding table on Craigslist and just lower it down on there when you want to work on it. When done, fold up the table and store it away. (edited)

It's small. I suggest the kitchen table.

Sounds like the table will only take up more space and add to the problem on the ground. Clean the garage, use your walls and ceiling, repurpose old dressers/coffee tables as a work benches/storage, I highly recommend drop down ceiling storage over garage door if you have room. Sell some shit on craigs list to make room.

WP_20170312_003.jpg
WP_20170312_006.jpg
WP_20170312_005.jpg

no one of covfefe /

1. sell or give away the QT50

2. dont ever think of it again

3. live happily ever after

4. The End

^^^ sad but true

Just clean your garage man.

^ right? :)

Jack Rutherford /

being able to work on your stuff is great motivation to clean up the work space. Finding the right tool when you need it, is great motivation to get organized.

Go buy a man shed!http://www.steelsheds.com/

Dirty30 Dillon /

This is frankly a fake reason to not work on the bike. Why not just pull the car out? Why not clean? Why not bring the bike outside? Why not. Bring it into the house?

If this is a problem you can't figure out on your onesy, you should reconsider mopeds.

Charles McCusker /

My question is why is cleaning out your garage not an option?

Is this a "I can't get rid of any of this stuff because hoarding" or a "storing all your inlaws belongings because they live with you now" situation?

in my experience getting a garage clean and organized is a must, and then keeping it that way.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account