Puch magnum x magneto help

Just brought one of them little puch magnum x monkey bikes and the wiring is weird. There is only meant to be a blue wire coming from the magneto flywheel according to the manual. What I have on mine is a black,yellow and green(red stripes) clumped into one bit and beside that is a ht lead (that goes directly into the sparkplug) I'm sure the spark plug lead is Spose to come from the coil. Can anyone help? I was told the colour wires go to lights but the magnum x is a dirtbike with no lights?

Re: Puch magnum x magneto help

‭‭if you send me your email addresses or whatsapp I can send you pictures, I should also mention the bike has the egnition coil but it's not connected to anything yet. That has a blue wire, brown and the ht lead. The bike has no cut off button aswell

Please help ha

Message me for pictures

IMG_3523.JPG

Magnum x dont have lights. Ill send you pictures afterwork pm me or email me

I just got one also but it had a two coils on stator instead of one like I saw in wiki photo

Yes mine has two coils, out of the top is a ht lead and then 3 other wires (black green and yellow) I think it might be from an old maxi? I'll try and upload the closest thing to a diagram I can find. It says to disregard the colour wires and ground the black? I think??

IMG_3526.PNG

if your spark plug wire is coming from the cases, then someone switched out your ignition. In which cae you should un groung the black wire as it is most likely the kill wire, ground that out and no sparky sparky. yellow is lights and green w/red stripes i have litterally no idea wtf.

This picture is the magneto egnition system my magnum x has. Now the magnum x has no lights so there's no need for the yellow, or the green wire I think. How can I get the spark plug to spark?

IMG_3531.PNG

Overpriced Parts /

Any puch stator will work

If you have a second coil you dont need you can simply remove it.

Some people are asking if it has an internal or external coil and I have not a clue. I assume internal as the sparkplug lead is coming directly from the magneto case any idea on how I can tell? Also the bike doesn't have a kill switch so can I just leave the black wire not touching anything and will the sparkplug still plug??

I think this ignition system is from the 1973 puch maxi. What it's doing on a little magnum x is beond me. Would it be better to put a new magneto flywheel on?

IMG_3518.JPG
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account