What is the most gasoline you have spilled?

Double Trouble Dan /

Had a little incident a couple days ago. The tank had a couple lines connecting one side to the other. I did not see that both were cracked . I was being lazy , stupid, and in a hurry to fire the bike up.

By the time i got a drain bowl under them , unscrewed the petcock that was clogged, I probably put a quart in the drain bowl and on the garage floor as well as my hands.

The garage stunk for 2 days. That blue synthetic oil smells awful.

What is the most gas you have spilled?

Re: What is the most gasoline you have spilled?

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

I installed a new petcock on my maxi, and went to fill up the tank....didn't notice the petcock was open till there was a small puddle in the garage. Stunk perdy bad for awhile.....

no one of covfefe /

wHERESSSSSSSS jOHNNY!?!?

all of it when I crashed into DOOV

Andrew Squiggman /

Beach Club Nick /

Entire Hobbbit tank two weeks ago, right after I rebuilt it. I don't know why the float stuck open, but it did, and out went all the gas I had just put in it. My entire house smelled strongly of gas for a few hours.

About 2-3 gallons when I set my gas can down too hard and it split

sookia sookia /

entire hobbit tank + pinto tank. Had just installed new petcocks in both and thought that left was closed.

Captain Janeway /

Just had the fire dept out because my bike bled out an entire tank of gas and had fumes going up everywhere even the elevator shaft. Made me popular with the neighbors. They threw down a lot of sand and I just cleaned it all up when I got home. Luckily the smell didn't hang on too long in a well vented parking garage.

Dan (high idle) Conway /

One time I had a bad float needle and forgot to shut the petcock off... It turned out to be a nice saturday morning surprise waking up to 2 stroke mix cascaded along the garage floor.

Dumped about two gallons on my porch when replacing fuel lines and the entire nipple bit popped out of a rusty tank. Hosed it all down with water to dissipate the fuel but the landlord had someone working under the house later that day and I got my ass crawled about it.

Also had a hose on my Comet rot through while at work. Came out to about 10 gallons having run down the storm drain. Oops.

grim ripper /

i've never spilled any gas. not even a drop.

todd amundson /

I leak/spill lots of gas indoors on concrete flooring daily. It's a nasty problem. It's hard to be carful

Braap Master Mope /

I just finished a build, 70cc alukit on a stripped down 94 targa, and put a little less than half a gallon in the tank and took off on the first run.

I should have tightened the petcock first. Two blocks away it popped halfway off and DUMPED gas all over my engine head, delicious two-stroke fumes filled my nostrils but I had panic in my eyes.

kakakakKLINK! I could feel that poor little piston slam to a stop inside the cylinder. I pulled over swearing like a motherfucker and dumping gas everywhere.

That was pretty shitty. at least the little kids next door got to watch me have a meltdown. probably learned a few new words too.

Don Wayne (Ofmc) /

several tankfuls over the years. but the most was when i let a full tank out of a 69 caddy onto an asphalt driveway overnight. the driveway turned to dust shortly afterward...

Probably in the past month iv spilled like a little bit under a 1g. It stinks like a bitch and my mom always yells "your tracking it into the house, it's on your shoes!". I clean it up with old rags then throw some vinegar down, the vinegar eats at the concrete ( works great for removing rust on concrete Also). you'll notice where I spilled gas in my garage because those are the cleanest spots :)

no one of covfefe /

^ my mom

LOL

I used to drive tankers for Sohio and Marathon,so this is NOT a fair question.LOL! don-ohio (:^)

Dirty30 Pater Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> all of it when I crashed into DOOV

oh the memories ;)

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account