Ketchup and Mustard Race Build Thread

◕ ‿ ◕ /

Heyyyyyy everyone. Recently, Ryan and I decided to try and build bikes for moped races, and Tyler put this bike up for sale this summer, so I hopped right on it. It was in pretty decent shape and kinda running, but I figured what better way to go about racing your first high end Moby than to take a race bike fully apart and try to put it back together? Apologies if I get any of the model or parts info incorrect.

So to start, this bike was originally a french race bike built by a racer with the last name Rossifumy, and was imported at some time. On Garage, it's I guess one of the old 1977 SF bikes? Some of the west coast people might be able to chime in with some more detailed info on that. I remember first seeing this bike when the Polini cup was still going, and I think 77 built that strange french bike with a chopped up e50 on it.

http://garage.1977mopeds.com/build/Ketchup+and+Mustard

Tyler got it in Atlanta, and did a great job of cleaning everything up, re-nik'ing the cylinder, and getting the proper rear wheel on it, adding some pretty essential race parts, etc. As I got it from Atlanta this summer, it looked like this:

IMG_3936.JPG

I guess this is a frame up build? Maybe not, but hopefully you guys find this shit cool. What's on it already:

Ninja Carte Noire

Bidalot G1 cylinder "Reissue of G1 High Engine Type 6 transfers, G1 Champion of France in 1994, 1995, 1996."

Polini cases

JD racing rear sprocket

Malossi Multivar

Motoplat red thing cdi

JD racing spring assembly

Peugeot RCX pulley

This past weekend I finally got around to disassembling and going through everything so that I could prep it for paint and rebuilding. I invited Ryan over since he's far more knowledgeable in the art of Motobecane. Here's a picture of him gettin busy with my sw8 tire pump. "Don't pump it too hard," I said, but he did anyways.

IMG_4088.JPG

The plan so far is going to be to (in no particular order):

- clean up fairings/paint

- new seat

- powdercoat wheels and frame

- all new hardware

- make an intake

- replace/correct pulley spacing

- add cool electrical bits (tach/suicide/ general rewiring)

- get the frame ready for an eventual LC kit

- prep for potential track requirements, aka catch can, safety wirings, bumpers

- fork rebuild

I'm a pretty big dude, so I'm toying with the idea of making adjustable peg/seat geometry, but that's not something I've actually sat down and thought out at this point, so for now, the body fairing will stay the same.

There are a ton of cool motobecane race build threads out there already, so I'll be pretty much referring off of their work to finish this. This frame is already reinforced, so Calico gets a welding break for this bike... Plus there's plenty of other moped stuff coming down the pipeline that's he's fitting in to his busy schedule.

IMG_4049.JPG

As it sits today, everything is off the frame except the suspension and the wheels, and I'll update as I start rebuilding the engine.

Subject Written By Posted
  Ketchup and Mustard Race Build ThreadTopic by: ◕ ‿ ◕ ◕ ‿ ◕ 12/21/16 02:58PM
  Re: Ketchup and Mustard Race Build ThreadRe: Mai ze Mai ze 12/21/16 03:12PM
  Re: Ketchup and Mustard Race Build ThreadRe: ◕ ‿ ◕ ◕ ‿ ◕ 12/21/16 03:21PM
  Re: Ketchup and Mustard Race Build ThreadRe: ◕ ‿ ◕ ◕ ‿ ◕ 12/21/16 03:25PM
  Re: Ketchup and Mustard Race Build ThreadRe: Brandon Weiss (aka B-Man) Brandon Weiss (aka B-Man) 12/21/16 03:44PM
  Re: Ketchup and Mustard Race Build ThreadRe: ◕ ‿ ◕ ◕ ‿ ◕ 12/21/16 04:17PM
  Re: Ketchup and Mustard Race Build ThreadRe: BLK KWANZAA BLK KWANZAA 12/21/16 03:49PM
  Re: Ketchup and Mustard Race Build ThreadRe: ◕ ‿ ◕ ◕ ‿ ◕ 12/21/16 04:10PM
  Re: Ketchup and Mustard Race Build ThreadRe: Stephen Keller Stephen Keller 12/21/16 03:56PM
  Re: Ketchup and Mustard Race Build ThreadRe: Tommy Lasorda Tommy Lasorda 12/21/16 08:36PM
  Re: Ketchup and Mustard Race Build ThreadRe: Born to be WillD Born to be WillD 12/22/16 10:30AM
  Re: Ketchup and Mustard Race Build ThreadRe: ◕ ‿ ◕ ◕ ‿ ◕ 12/27/16 09:34AM
  Re: Ketchup and Mustard Race Build ThreadRe: Dave & Bummerzz Dave & Bummerzz 12/22/16 09:06AM
  Re: Ketchup and Mustard Race Build ThreadRe: Bas Autowas Bas Autowas 12/22/16 09:10AM
  Re: Ketchup and Mustard Race Build ThreadRe: Ryan Mc Ryan Mc 12/22/16 09:15AM
  Re: Ketchup and Mustard Race Build ThreadRe: ◕ ‿ ◕ ◕ ‿ ◕ 12/27/16 09:35AM
  Re: Ketchup and Mustard Race Build ThreadRe: Ryan Mc Ryan Mc 12/22/16 09:12AM
  Re: Ketchup and Mustard Race Build ThreadRe: ◕ ‿ ◕ ◕ ‿ ◕ 12/27/16 09:32AM
  Re: Ketchup and Mustard Race Build ThreadRe: BLK KWANZAA BLK KWANZAA 12/29/16 07:40PM
  Re: Ketchup and Mustard Race Build ThreadRe: - Dacruzer - - Dacruzer - 12/24/17 02:50AM
  Re: Ketchup and Mustard Race Build ThreadRe: Stephen Simmons Stephen Simmons 12/23/17 04:16PM
  Re: Ketchup and Mustard Race Build ThreadRe: Dave & Bummerzz Dave & Bummerzz 01/09/18 04:53PM
  Re: Ketchup and Mustard Race Build ThreadRe: Duane {SpicyBoys} Duane {SpicyBoys} 01/09/18 06:00PM
  Re: Ketchup and Mustard Race Build ThreadRe: the worst terry the worst terry 01/10/18 10:31PM
  Re: Ketchup and Mustard Race Build ThreadRe: Mikey Antonakakis Mikey Antonakakis 01/12/18 11:43AM
You must log in before posting to this forum.

Click here to login.