Kreidler Florent K54

Good Morning,

I am just starting my investigative research for a couple of Kreidlers I found in rural PA. I bought my first Kreidler (1967 K54 3B) off of craigslist about 4 years ago, unfortunately the guy I bought it from didn't know anything about its history. I don't believe these were ever imported into the US so they must have been brought over special. I just picked up a second K54/5 (this one is a 1966) yesterday. This owner had a little more information but not the entire store. He believed a local fella bought two of these bikes and had them shipped on a tramp freighter back in the 60's or early 70's. I am looking for any type of information or to know if any other Kreidlers like these in the US. Thanks for any help of information!

Jason

Kreidler 50.jpeg
Kreidlr K54 wn.jpeg

Re: Kreidler Florent K54

There arent many real kreidlers in the US, here is a topic about one of them.

All the info you need on them can be found here

Jason Welch /

Thank you for the help! I think it will be a challenge to put the 66 back together but the 67 is 90% complete and running. I appreciate the response!

Jason

They both are basically the same, i think all parts interchange, so you should be able to get at least one back in shape. Although the bottom one is a bit rusty.

for history look at kreidlerdatabase.nl send a picture and the vin tag and louis will get it registered.

i know derek has 2 in denver. there is one in st. louis i know of and saw a picture of one in la this summer.

early shifter kreidler did get imported into usa (east coast) as i've seen sales ads for sale on ebay.

Jason Welch /

Nice, thank you for the piece of information. I will have to see if I can get some of the importing information pulled together. I am just going by what people had told me so I couldn't verify it. I will send the vin in to get it registered, I was just excited to find another one so close to me. Thanks again for the information and I will update as I find out more.

Jason

The ads I saw were for bikes earlier than yours.

I believe there is at late 70's in Indianapolis and also 3 sold separately in Florida tip about 3-4 years ago.

Jason Welch /

Thanks to Boot 2Thehead for hooking me up wit the link to the Kreidler registration website. The guy got right back to me and has given me a ton of info on the bike. It is exciting to be able to piece this together. Here is a little bit of information on the Kreidler. Very impressive that this gentleman that runs the Kreidler database is so quick to respond with so much info. Thanks again!

From Louis Dorr (Kreidlerdatabase.nl)

Conclusion

The Kreidler is the Mercedes under the mopeds! Like the Mercedes, he is finishing what sober, yet very sturdy and solid.

He goes - that is one hundred thousand-fold proven for years if, gives virtually no interference and has a guaranteed high resale value.

It is a good and sound investment.

It is not just about what you spend when purchasing, it is nevertheless very strong to what you eventually gets back.

And that's when Kreidler (especially in the more luxurious, more beautiful versions) always pretty good.

I dont have a k54 anymore but similar enough, we have a pretty nice 1970 k53 at the warehouse. Everything on these bikes is so solid.

20161107_110636.jpg

Jason Welch /

Beautiful!

Dirty30 Dillon /

I saw so many awesome Kreidlers when I was in Amsterdam, each one still riding and ripping.

Only other ped I saw a lot of was the Citta, which is cool in its own right

IMG_0730.JPG
IMG_0728.JPG

I knew Fred had a couple. Sorry for omitting. (edited)

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account