carbon fiber reeds

Just seeing if anyone has any recommendations or suggestions for reeds on a Batavus Starflite? I was told to replace the stock steel ones with carbon fiber ones due to their durability and reliability. If someone knows of a good site to buy reeds from?

Re: carbon fiber reeds

Stock steel reeds work great and are very durable. I've had more problems with aftermarket reeds than stock steel ones.

True...

Never had a problem with any carbon fiber reeds and that's with years of abuse. Much improvement over stock metal reeds that fart when you go to fast and limit your speed.

Charles Cole (OFMC) /

Treats has 4 or 5 thicknesses of reed stock, which will make several sets of reeds for each sheet. I prefer the 2 thinnest ones, but I'm usually under 12,000 RPMs. Never had a problem with them not holding up. All I can say is magic happens when the reed cage is modified and custom carbon reeds used.

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

Do you guys know what size reeds I need for the Batavus?

steve miller Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Never had a problem with any carbon fiber reeds

> and that's with years of abuse. Much improvement

> over stock metal reeds that fart when you go to

> fast and limit your speed.

What kind of RPMs are we talking where it actually makes a difference?

Thanks Steve!. Now, when you do cut .25mm carbon fiber reeds for an M48. Do you cut out the bridge in the middle, or do you leave it without the bridge ? Does it make a difference one way or the other?

I took a ride yesterday with stock reeds and had zero issues. However, the guy that sold me the bike had given me a reed block that had bigger openings which results in greater airflow. Obviously with greater airflow the stock reeds most likely were not designed for the increased airflow, hence why Id like to convert to carbon fiber.

Charles Cole (OFMC) Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Treats has 4 or 5 thicknesses of reed stock, which

> will make several sets of reeds for each sheet. I

> prefer the 2 thinnest ones, but I'm usually under

> 12,000 RPMs. Never had a problem with them not

> holding up. All I can say is magic happens when

> the reed cage is modified and custom carbon reeds

> used.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account