Honda parts

I'm looking for a headlight for my 83 pa50 II. Any good places to buy honda parts online?

Thanks,

Adam

Re: Honda parts

Hi:

Before you try to buy parts online, have you tried your local Honda motorcycle dealer?

I buy parts for my 1981 PA50II from the ol' Honda dealer. You'd be surprised what they can still get.

Chris.

> I buy parts for my 1981 PA50II from the ol' Honda dealer.

> You'd be surprised what they can still get.

>

just be prepared for some sticker shock. my friendly local honda dealer wanted over 60 dollars for a drive belt. i went to schucks and bought the same size belt for $12.

flannelman /

you can get it from a dealer but it will cost you try going to expesslymoped they got a why so you dont have to pay 50 buck for a head light

ItsLookingUp /

Hey, the dealer wants $40.00 for a O.E.M varator belt here. Do you have a part number for theone you used as a replacement?

ItsLookingUp /

My local dealer gets $26.00 for a O.E.M headlamp. I have high beam until then!!!

If your side covers are in bad shape, my local dealer got me two new ones for $12.00 each!!! What a deal!!! They didn't come with the plastic screws that was extra.

Hi:

I haven't bought a headlight from the dealer, but I was actually pleasantly surprised with the prices I was charged for other parts. It cost me about CDN$10 (US$6) for a new set of points, about CDN$15 (US$10) for a spedometer drive unit, about CDN$5 (US$3) for tubes, about CDN$15 (US$10) for a pedal crank, etc. Maybe some of the more "exotic" stuff is more expensive.

Chris.

david f martin /

I didn't want to pay $30 to the Honda dealer for a new belt, tried to replace it with a belt from Auto Zone, and my bike's performance has suffered greatly (all this in the past week). I gave in and had them order me a new belt, which will hopefully be here Tuesday... 30mph sucks!

david

you could also try partsfish.com. the prices seems reasonable there.

ItsLookingUp /

I haven't had any luck finding any PA50-II parts on partsfish.com. Do you have a link to PA50-II parts on partsfish.com?

ItsLookingUp wrote:

>

> Hey, the dealer wants $40.00 for a O.E.M varator belt here.

> Do you have a part number for theone you used as a replacement?

i just took my old belt in to schucks (an auto parts store) and had them match it up. it works just fine.

ItsLookingUp /

I've tried that... I couldn't get one that is as wide as my worn one. Does the one that "works just fine" have a stock number?

david f martin /

The problem I had was that my belt had exploded. I had a small piece I could match the width with, but nothing to get a length measurement from. If you still have a belt to measure from, you should have better luck.

david

i just registered my '83 pa50 II and they had schematics for all the parts.

or try:

http://www.powersportspro.com/partsfish/SelectSection.asp?ID=3252&M=1

ItsLookingUp /

Just got back from another auto parts store... the best match was 1/2" shorter and atleast 1/8" narrower than my worn belt. I don't know if my belt is orginal equipment but it is a Mitsuboshi 23100-148-7038. I'm going to order a new one Monday. I tried partsfish... still don't find any PA50-II parts list, oh well.

PA variator belt

Your stock belt has a part number molded right into its back... but I had assumed that only Honda had one for it too... I will be trying the 'auto-parts' store search for it... that $12 sounds quite reasonable.

Just take your old belt in with you... let us know if you have success.. (and what brand belt you end up with)

Are you talking about the long plastic covers down alongside the R wheel and motor ?

$12 apiece ????... holy carp !... that is cheap

Re: Honda PA parts

Yeah... they have all the PA50II motor parts and all... but they sure aren't 'reasonable'... the variator belt is listed as $64 freakin dollars.

Adam,

I have a working headlight from a 1981 C70 Deluxe. It is a 6volt headlight and cylindrical in shape.

I would sell it for half of retail.

Let me know....

Kasey

Seems like there aren't many online PA-50 II parts. I will go see what my honda shop has to offer.

Thanks for the help,

ADam

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account