QT-50 TOP SPEED

IM GETTING ABOUT 28MPH TOP SPEED ON MY 85 QT-50. WHAT IS EVERYONE ELSE GETTING?

Re: QT-50 TOP SPEED

Top speed? what about a good down hill?

You're right on track, though. Unmodified, (on a good day) my QT's (according to their speedos) will do 28-32.

I notice my bike doesn't produce much starting power, but when it hits the 12-25 mph range, it does have a nice push to it when you rev the throttle.

I think your getting what most people see. I think maybe 35 down hill.... a steep hill that is.....

There were some great "mod" thread lately--- do a search for QT and use all dates. There were some 'easy' airbox mods and some more advanced exhaust tricks--- one dude was using a chainsaw muffler (I think) to get more power--- he really knew how to mod those things... cool because no one else knew much.

I'm wondering if the fact that they have a drive shaft makes it harder to mod out? I get the same performance from a bike with 40 lbs of stereo stereo equipment as I get from the 'naked' QT of the same year.

Re: QT-50 TOP SPEED

mike ohio /

i get 40 mph going downhill and 25 - 30 on flat surface on my 84 tomos. I bought a new exhaust that helps put out a little more power----mike

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account