Re: HEY! Wayne

Wayne /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Oh, yes-- the cop was a really nice guy.

One thing, though... I just might decide to follow though with PRESSING charges. A defender won't prosecute--

I'm a career student, and I get a free lawyer from USM. He can both defend me and help me prosecute to get charges to stick on the goober who decided to get out of his car, approach me and my moped, and start a fight.

The fight could not have happened if he didn't pull over, get out, and rush over to me. That, for me, is where a lot of the case hinges. Under those conditions, who wouldn't be ready to defend themselves?

If he felt threatened..... I guess he should have kept driving, and called the cops... of course that would have made no sense.

When and if this case goes to court.... the D.A. is going to have to decide if it's even worth going through a trial. There's a lot more important cases to get to---real crimes.

Thanks for the advice. The guy who acts as the school attourney is awesome.... helped me out before.... The cop isn't even going to go to court-- just sumbit a report of the 'scene' from when he arrived.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  HEY! Wayne (---.maine.rr.com)Topic by: Kevin Harrell Kevin Harrell 06/15/02 12:36AM
  Re: HEY! WayneRe: Wayne Wayne 06/15/02 06:44PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account