If I can get a hobbit running anybody can. It just needs fuel and spark to at least fire, if not run.
Things you can do in the garage, in no order:
- Check for rust in tank/petcock/fuel lines
- Put an inline filter in the fuel line
- Remove old fuel and fill with fresh mix (of weedeater fuel)
- Choke closed when starting?
- When you pedal with the lever up, does the belt move
- if the belt moves, is the magneto spinning (have to remove the cover on engine on right side of ped, two screws)
- if the belt doesn't move, tighten by moving the rear wheel (4 bolts to loosen)
- Getting spark? (buy a tester at local auto store or remove spark plug from engine, put back in spark plug wire and hold electrode against engine block while someone pedals)
- No Spark? are points opening? Search how to set.
- Getting spark? Disconnect spark plug wire, pedal for a couple of minutes. Remove spark plug and see if its wet or dry. If dry, not getting fuel.
- is the decomp valve properly installed and closed
- Very likely need to clean the carb - easy to find info on removing and cleaning
This is just a quick & easy list. Should at least let you know what reason(s) you have for not firing.
You should be able to find how to do any/all of these by searching the repair forum and reading up in the wiki.