if you havent tried it yet.

amsoil gear oil is great, definitely noticed a difference since i switched to the 75-90w synthetic gear oil, way smoother of a drive. next to grease my bearings and ill be riding on butter.

anyway i switched totally to synthetic oils, for my motor and gears, and it seems like my bike is digging it.

Re: if you havent tried it yet.

shut the fuck up about amsoil bullshit

amsoil is just a blender they buy base oil and additive packs from exxonmobil/ lubrizol whatever

not this "its smoother" "it protects better" "hiiigh quality 0-20 in your e50" 100:1 bullshit

the consumer oil industry has done a great job to obfuscate technical data sheets and created a bunch of mindless drones to promote their products

Don't beat him up he a newbie! Teach him. Each one teach one. Cody check this out. Not all synthetic oils are truely synthetic. Some are Sino oils that have been modified. Others are truly 100% synthetic.

In fact true syns are the exception. U.S. oil companies lobbied and got the right to sell more refined dino as synthetic. Syn oil made in Europe is real synthetic. Your reality is largely a concoction also.

^^that's not true. Even euro oils use carrier oils for the package.

Yes but the base oil is true syn

In all my 4 cycle race engines I use royal purple. I have the first 5.0 loiter roller cam motor I ever built in my garage. It has over 200,000 miles on it. 200,000 miles of abuse half of which are 1/4 mile at a time. All of which were acquired under boost. And some under boost and nitrous. I used high quality parts to assemble a 347 cid engine n/a making 425 hp. Boosts it makes about600. It has very little wear. The last time I broke it down for inspection there wasn't even a ridge at the top of the cylinders. I reassembled the engine and left it alone. The only reason its not in a car is I got my hands on a coyote motor at a ridiculously low price.

The biggy with synthetics is all the molecules of oil are the same size and shape. And there are no contaminets in the oil such as sulfer, wax,etc. btw not all synthetics are truly synthetic. I posted a link before and now its not here.

Andrew Squiggman /

yes it is. 3 posts up

I run a 'Synthetic Blend' 2 stroke oil in all my bikes, and the biggest improvement I have seen compared to straight petroil is with Carbon Buildup.

No stick rings, no carbon scoring, no clogged ports. It pisses black goop everywhere, but that carbon has to go somewhere.

Yea I burn Mobil 1 in my cars that I get cheap at Costco. I know full well its not mono or even duo molecular but its better than the crudest dino. Royal Purple may be real syn. Redline is supposedly the real stuff.

I was just saying the difference I felt from before and after I added the stuff, yea i was wondering if it was truly 100 percent synthetic. so what's the point with synthetic if your still using dinosaur. what's there point. I mean I feel a difference, but I was using chepo auto zone gear oil to begin with. also is there any true synthetic 2 stroke injector oils?

thanks man appreciate it, learning alot from you guys. I knew nothing about engines/vehicles before this nu50. We'll I knew very little at least.

if you are looking for good quality injector oils look into oils marketed for dirt bike use

most synthetic oil is a blend of group iii and iv so "synthetic" doesn't really mean anything, the highest quality oils are synthetic based, but not all synthetic oils are equal

like oils with high percent pao, 2 stroke oils that are ester based, are the best

and base oil is only part of the the picture, you also have to consider the additive pack, so it isn't just the base oil but the complete product and how it performs over the service interval

so people get caught up with "TRUE SYNTHETIC" when those boutique retailers are just blending product from other refineries and labs, and try to justify that it is "better" than what other companies are selling, and you get bob chevy "I USE THIS OIL HIGH PERFORMANCE NEVER REBUILD EVER 400 HORSEPOWER" on a moped forum

and "contaminets like sulfer", well sulfur-phosphorus compounds are used as extreme pressure additives buddy

lots of boutique oil retailers use a heavy duty additive pack for anti-wear for boutique applications, those additives hurt the environment and the catalyst, but mislead people through "FULL SYNTHETIC", lots of time they sell high quality products but people think they are good for the wrong reason (edited)

great info nik thanks. I'll be doing my research. really I was looking for better performance as well as better for the environment. I'd love to get off of Dino fuels stuff that's good for environment, and good performance. mabey I'm just dreaming that's what I'm aiming for. I'm a woodworker to I'm always looking for options to save are resources, I reuse alot of old wood. or wood no one wants. not pallets though to many unknowns with pallets. (edited)

I don't care if it's whale sperm in that Dominator bottle. That shit runs clean as hell and under severe duty has never failed.

Gasoline is a Dino fuel.....2 strokes pollute, a lot. Get a bicycle! :)

yes gas is but that's the good thing it don't use much gas compared to other vehicles, i just wanna do the best i can with what i got. and see how i can make my 2 stroke more efficient, i know there's ways. i wanna see what i can do for now. 2 strokes are very reliable and great power for there small size. there problem is the pollution honda and other company have been working on this problem and trying to bring 2 strokes back to the front line. also there was a company called Envirofit that made a retrofit kit for old 2 cycles they distributed them in other countries over seas they really cleaned up pollution and made the moped run way more efficient. check out this link if you want

http://discovermagazine.com/2008/may/21-two-strokes-and-youre-out

id like something like that in the future. first because it will drastically reduce pollution, also in the long run reduce oil use and save you a ton of money. for now my gas use is good i get over 70miles to the gallon have ran it dry yet so i dont know how close to 100 miles i get but i get good gas use, for now i want to see what i can do to ruduce pollution, and oil use. glad im running my injection system when its working well, it makes better use of oil than premix since its not using the same amounts at idle and and full throttle.

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?1,347072,347281#msg-347281

pretty cool thread from the moped army too, very interesting ideas, 2 strokes are great, if we could just bring em back to the frontline, and do some tweaks to em. get em to waste less. there already known benefits would shine and it would be sweet to pollute less and have a engine thats simple to work on, reliable, good power, and small size.

I use oil. my bikes run. if they don't it's almost never the fault of the oil. synthetic> whatever. There are all sorts of facts but one of my favorite facts is that we're riding mopeds. If you're at the limit where oil is really the deciding factor, I applaud you.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account