MAGNOMOS

i was going to wait until i was further along to post about magnomos, but a lot of people have seen it already, and i don't wanna wait.

1980 puch magnum turned minimagnomos

motor is still stock

15/15 del

pretty lavender intake mani i made

biturbo that lays down a lot of sparks when i take right hand corners

17" general front wheel with the large brakes and sealed bearings

super crappy tomos rear wheel donp sold me

maxi ebr's, maxi shocks

clip on bars

swarm/destroy cranks

hidden electronics (wire mess will go once i have it all figured out)

skateboard/rhino seat

led tail light

s&m pedals

2.25 sava front, 2.5 pirelli rear

a lot of this is temporary.. i threw it together for the mosquito fleet rally and have a lot of work left to do to it.

it was running like ass all rally long, but was still pretty impressive as far as performance goes.. i can't wait to get it running proper and to start doing work to the motor.

seattle has the best minimagnums

Re: MAGNOMOS

also, i should say that i didn't make the mani myself, it was more west seattle than anything. those kids know their shit and are rad as hell.

<3westseattle

that's looks pretty sweet...

i say you leave that rhino seat lol

but damn, i'd be scared to ride that, it's soo close to the ground!

nice stuff though

MAGNOMOS! i like it, it looks really prettier in person.

Don Pflueger /

"super crappy tomos rear wheel donp sold me"

lol, i thought all you were going to use from that rear wheel was the hub.

MAGNOMOS

Steamboat Aka J. R. Stevens /

Super nice custom. More pictures as you progress please. Jim

the other JLEE /

did you have to flip the fork tubes to fit the wheel?

Dean, you rock.

Love the hybrid bike.

The seat is hilarious.

You gonna kit it?

Justin

this bike is pretty damn fast. Im a tomos hater and it definitely made me think twice.

Matt Scout The Scouting Dcon /

Seconded! Skateboarding Rhino Seat must stay!!!

the seat was just the skateboard for a day and it killed my ass so quick.. i don't know how brendan does it. after zip-tieing the rhino on it mad a WORLD of difference! so it will most likely stay.. for a while anyway.

i won't be kitting it, at least not for a long while.. this top end has so much porting potential.. i want to see what i can do with the stock parts. this is my frist time playing with a tomos, i'm really excited about it.

donp, yeah, but i didn't have time/a rim to lace it too.. plus the crappy part are the bearings.. they are so shot that the whole wheel wobbles on the axle! at least they are sealed and can be replaced easy enough

i did have to flip the fork tubes for the wheel, general's have the brake stop on the opp hand side than puchs

the rear wheel's gotta go, that biturbo's gotta go in favor of some puch pipe (6p?), the points system needs to go.

That Rhino looks so resigned to being sat upon.

seriously, you should make the rhino the staple of the ped man! that rhino is awsome!

The rhino butt saver does it for me.

i have to say that even though i feel for the rhino, it would definitely be pretty nifty if you could make a seat that would actually use the rhino (unstuff him, get a seat about the same length, and carve the real seat padding whatever little you need to to fit him over it and sew shut... then just spray the heck outta him with that fabric waterproofing stuff they use on couches)

Good idea, Jennifer!

ssshhhh... me is a crafty lil wench!

dean.... 50cc tomos used to lug my fat ass around at 58mph, shaw still rocks that bike.... hasnt been seen in 2 years, we kinda shelfed it for a while, but we ran it the other day, 50cc can be fun

my favorite part of this bike is that dean's hot crack shows when he rides it.

i am a firm believer that kits aren't needed to see high 40's on a moped. you just need to learn how to tune the motor you have.

i have played with the idea of making a seat with the rhino skin, and i still might.. it's been my experience that the waterproof fabric spray turns whatever fabric you spray it on kinda nasty.. worth a shot, though! seattle is too wet for a stuffed animal as a seat for very long..

also, i am just plain firm when ever alan is around

40 out of a 50cc tomos in nothin, thats stage 1, with a 16mm carb, and a re worked pipe, and a bunch of rpms 60+ is acheivable with a "factory" tomos cylinder

MAGNOS!

dominique, you were close! MAGNOMOS!

colby, i am super excited to start trying to get that out of this thing, too! i might end up trying to pick your and shaw's brains a lot at some point!

Iron on vinyl. The shit rocks, it's cheap and it will make ANYTHING vinyl. Paper, fabric, whatever. Of course, the rhino won't be furry anymore.

eek... didnt realize we were talking about seattle... other ideas then... find a reg seat that will fit in him, and make him (gutted already) velcro or snap/button on to the seat so he can be removed and washed as needed, and could be stripped off and tossed in a bag during ick weather?

you could also line the inside of him with it so no one would see it.

What a beautiful bastard. I agree with everyone about the seat; I almost want to make some stuffed animal seat cover myself now.

I like the Name.

Cool style (reminds of Brett's) I Also, like the how you've made good use of the Chain railleur bracket for a rear brake,

how did you attach the Cranks to the Stock Sprocket?

maybe on the seat you could have a sick rhinoserous embroidered on the seat upholstery to show the bikes roots ya know, rhinos are badass animals

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account