HOW CAN I CLEAN A PUCH GASTANK?

Reid Mayo /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!

I have a 1978 puch maxi in great working order.... EXCEPT THE ONLY RUST ON THE BIKE IS IN THE GASTANK! I have no clue how that happened, it looks like it has been garaged for its entire life, but oh well. I am running into big problems because I know that the only problem with the bike is the gastank problem. Because when I clean the carborator the bike runs for about 5 min. until the carb gets dirty again.

Here are the reasons why I cant just do it simply:

The gastank is part of the bikes frame, like many mopeds, so I cant take it off.

The gastank has a splashguard in it restricting me from varius cleaning methods, (putting rocks in it cuz they cant be taken out because of the splashguard, jamming stuff down it to try and scrub it etc....)

The gastank hole is small, so its hard to fit scrub brushes down it.

MY ONE IDEA IS TO:

jam a large pipecleaner down it to clean the part below the splashguard. then buy several fuel filters and keep running the moped till a fuel filter in the bike gunks up, throw away that filter, pop in a new one. and keep doing this till the gas tank cleans itself.

but anyway.... GIVE ME IDEAS O GENIUS'S OF MOPEDS! I hope at least one of you has had this problem and has overcome it.

The noctorios PeaShooter

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account