Captain Ice Cream

mopedarmy's very own Tim Gavert is the owner of Captain Ice Cream

in the first season of CNBC's Shark Tank, Tim proposed an ice cream vending franchise in episode 14

Tim Gavert Captain Ice Cream - CNBC Shark Tank S1E14 (clip)

Re: Captain Ice Cream

I can only dream of a supplemental retirement income like that! Riding and making money! Whooooppeeeeee!!! don-ohio (:^)

Smiley Vyrus /

So does this guy live in C-bus? Have you met this guy or something? Ha the long arm of Disney has blocked viewing the video. Oh, and I would be down for selling ice cream too @Don Ohio, its a great Idea! (edited)

It wasmt really unique, it was a moped produced by pryer industries, it SHOULD NOT COST $7000 PER BIKE.

The Shark's were right.

Walt from the grave ftw

idk him I just watched the episode and got a kick out of the guys relentlessness as a mopedder

'I need the money so I can make more mopeds'

'How is this not unique?'

Smiley Vyrus /

I would think this could be done way cheaper than 7k, and wouldn't really need pryer setup. Fab up some insulated saddle bags, and little dry ice. Run out of product run to Krogers buy some more. Gotcha @ringadingding. (edited)

Specialty vending products tend to be expensive. The two wheeled push carts are nearly two grand.

^ true, and if you need a permit to vend your equipment needs to meet certain standards "NSF" I think it is, and they will inspect you. More to it than it looks. (edited)

I hope you guys can see the whole video of it, daily motion has it but it plays the wrong episode /:

I'd upload it elsewhere but it's large file and I don't want Disney after me

Use Hola! https://hola.org/

VPN to the USA and watch that shit

Smiley Vyrus /

The hook here is the moped with ice-cream, and the dude/dudette selling it. The box that ice-cream is carried in is the main source for expenses. Get rid of it. I use insulated bags to transport cold/frozen items every week at the grocery store. You get pizzas delivered to you in disgustingly dirty insulated bags. Your not cooking, hence the permit/inspection nightmare. The ice cream is pre packaged, using insulated bags, inspection would be nothing. Buy a permit to street vend and have at it. Guys do it with water, and a cooler, and a vending permit/or not, and seem to do very well. I know I buy water from them all the time. (edited)

Can you imagine that thing with a kit and pipe and rollin at 50?

Use a second tomos engine to power the a/c compressor. Who needs dry ice?

Ike Pipe Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Can you imagine that thing with a kit and pipe and

> rollin at 50?

Ortho would just be bitching the whole time to slow down.

I met this dude years ago at a street fair... he mentioned he was looking for partners + royalties gave me a $10k quote @_@ No Thanks!

$3k commission aint bad tho right

---------------- LaZer ------------* /

You can run a freezer with a deep cycle battery and an ac inverter for 4 to 6 hours depending on the size. I speak from expirience with both moped ice cream vending as well as using a VW Vanagon. Dry ice is lightest simplest option.

^Pics of Vanagon? Along with mopeds another fave of mine.....

bup

Man I have some buried somewhere. My first post on MA was with my Ice Cream QT50 Deathwish ped.

Cool, if you have some would love to see, I used to own a few, 3 Baywindows two, I miss them, but they are too expensive to keep going for only a summer vehicle. :( i would love one with the 2.0 injected INLINE engine swap, but Big $$, and most around here are rustbuckets anymore.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account