How Do I Know If My Moped Is Stolen?

Sprint Man /

Where do I go to get my moped checked out if it's stolen or not? People around my neighborhood think my moped is stolen, and now I need to know where I can go to get it checked out.

Re: How Do I Know If My Moped Is Stolen?

why does it matter. sadly, even if you did steal it. You dont have to prove it. you owning it proves it. The only way for you to get into trouble is if someone else proves you stole it. EXAMPLE: If they had it registered, or if they had a picture of them right next to say, the serial number. So dont worry about these people, but get proof for yourself in case u get it stolen from u!

Yeah, the only way to tell, is if it was ever registered and someone reported it stolen...Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it...who cares what they think. Are they accusing you of stealing it from one of them?

well ... i don't want to encourage theft. if you have good reason to believe that it was stolen, then you can look into it ... but you can check to see if was ever registered.

either way, get it registered.

Get the engine number (somestamped somewhere on the engine) Get the VIN number (maybe on the front fork metal plate or stamped on the frame.

With these numbers you can mail your State's DMV to have them do a trace. If nothing turns up, then register it in your name.

You can also check with the local Police Department to see if a moped of this description has been reported stolen or missing

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account