inquiry about this 78 tomos

http://fayetteville.craigslist.org/mcy/5323049591.html

I was thinking about picking this up but do not know anything about tomos. can you give me some insight. (edited)

Re: inquiry about this 78 tomos

Weird.....the bike is terribly faded on the one side. Never seen that before. It's probably been sitting outside for a number of years with that side exposed to the sun. It has an A3 motor and most likely an Encarwi carb which is crap. If the motor isn't locked up, it's not a bad deal, but I personally wouldn't pay more than $75 for it. A good saddle seat is gonna cost you at least $25. (edited)

Tomos A3. stock bike. I like the "ran when parked" phrase.... most bikes ran when parked. Looks complete. Also looks like its fairly weathered, which means its been outside for quite a while.

Not sure what your end game is but I wouldn't give over $100 for that bike.

I'd make an offer on it if the gas tank isn't rusted out and the motor turns over. The motor will likely need to be rebuilt (or at least new seals) but that's not a huge deal, I'd probably replace the rusty rear wheel as well. Most of the parts are readily available and not overly expensive. I've done business with the seller before and he's a good dude. He buys and sells old cars, mopeds, motorcycles, minibikes, atv's, signs, gas pumps, that sort of thing. (edited)

Moped Lar Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Weird.....the bike is terribly faded on the one

> side. Never seen that before. It's probably been

> sitting outside for a number of years with that

> side exposed to the sun. It has an A3 motor and

> most likely an Encarwi carb which is crap. If the

> motor isn't locked up, it's not a bad deal, but I

> personally wouldn't pay more than $75 for it. A

> good saddle seat is gonna cost you at least $25.

Note, this year bullet had the square post seat. It can be kind of hard to find a good one.

^Very true. Allow even more money to find a replacement seat.

Treats has them new. The other option would be to just make some brackets and bolt on any old seat.

Or might be better off to look to get it recovered and maybe refoamed.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

I think its a fair price if someone who just wants a beater bike to ride around or a loaner bike for friends. Of course try for less but if it was in my face for $150 with an unlocked engine and enough there to make running I would buy it.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account