A Few Things...

mikeconsig /

Just Wondering:

1.) Does anyone know how to clean an airbox for a Puch, because it looks like there is no way to open it.

2.) Has anyone used or seen the High Performance air filter? I found it on mopedwarehouse.com under Fuel systems.

3.) Is there another small foam filter that goes on the fuel filter in the carb?

Re: A Few Things...

What kind of Puch is it? Make, model and year please! I can answer all of these questions, if you can tell me.

mikeconsig /

1980 Puch Maxi-Luxe Hi-Torque

Ahh hah, thanks.

1)You don't need a "performance" airbox. Puch airboxes are easy to derestrict. To clean, you cut along the sealed edge with a straight razor. It's hinged on the bottom so don't cut there...just where the rubber sealent material is. It will pop right open once you cut it....Then you will see the actual metal air filter inside...spray and soak it in brake cleaner...brake cleaner dries very fast. The box will pop back together, you don't need to reseal it.

2) You don't need one...Just derestrict the airbox that you have...Take the white hose off...you will see a small hole...through the small hole you can see the air filter. That small hole is actually part of the restrictor plug..stick a screw driver in there and pop that bad boy out. Then the hole should be the same diameter as the hose. Doing this, will lean out your mixture, so you will need to buy a bigger main jet for your carb. You can put the white hose back on, after you take the plug out...if you want too. You don't need it. I think it is there for some restriction, as well as noise reduction...?

3)There isn't a fuel filter in a bing carb, So I am not sure what you mean on this one.

mikeconsig /

It's this little brass wire mesh dome type thing. I don't know how else to describe it.

where did you find this piece? Are you sure its in the carb? Is it a bing?

I have one on my bing. Right where the fuel goes in. That's all there is, the meah. It prevents large particles from going into the carb. Just clean it and replace it. I was told a lot of people lose or remove theirs, so they don't have to clean them :)

Matt Wilson /

It looks like a thimble made of wire mesh. I lost mine but the inline fuel filters do the trick.

Matt

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account