new moped and motorcycle cafe racer shop

hey guys got a new shop going and hoping to get this thing off the ground its up to you guys. we fix um up, café um and sell them. were located in Lexington and Louisville ky. check us out below. KELLY'S CYCLES we started out as Irish immigrants and are trying to live the American dream with this business please help us out and donate below. if you donate 20 dollars we will post yore moped or motorcycle on Facebook

copy and paste this.

https://www.gofundme.com/7dcmbhw4

cafe.jpg

Re: new moped and motorcycle cafe racer shop

WFFF

yore trollin

Lol

Probably Fred /

Couldn't change gearing, bing carb tat? or nothin about compression 2 months ago, now your a pro and opening up your own shop ?

Congratulations !

image.png

ephraim zimbalist jr /

we are all immigrants...except the indians...good luck tho

Andrew Squiggman /

ephraim zimbalist jr Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> we are all immigrants...except the indians...good

> luck tho

except they live in India. sheesh.

ephraim zimbalist jr /

sheesh...shoosh,hush troll boy

Andrew Squiggman /

ephraim zimbalist jr Wrote:

> sheesh...shoosh,hush troll boy

says the same

2016 year of the dirtpeds.

These are trolls the diamond dogs run Lexington

Go rough em up.

they serve coffee?

Bosozoku moped shop or GTFO

"I use this business to pay for my education". Let me ask you an important question here... how much are you paying for your education? Get ready to go into some serious debt because your business isn't going to even remotely pay your bills.

elias kelly Wrote:

> hey guys got a new shop going and hoping to get

> this thing off the ground its up to you guys.

This whole "donate to my Gofundme so I can profit" bullshit is ridiculous.

When I started my business it was up to ME to make it successful. Instead of begging for money, I worked my ass off.

I hate to sound like a crotchety old man but kids today are so fucked.

Bozo boyz on the way to rough Deez boys up

Mike Boyd Wrote:

> Bosozoku moped shop or GTFO

This is the future

Dirty30 Pater Wrote:

> Mike Boyd Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Bosozoku moped shop or GTFO

>

>

> This is the future

What would be cool would be shared rental/garage space that isn't stupid expensive. I'd rather not do all the work in my apt, but I'm not going to spend $25/hr or $400/mo for a space, which is what I've seen available.

Why isn't there something more reasonable, like a place w/ shared high quality tools and storage for like $100/mo? I'd love a place where I could lock my stuff up and have access to a nice welder, parts cleaner, air tools, drill press, etc. Something where all 2 wheelers and small engines could be worked on.

You wouldn't need a lot of knowledge to open a shop where all you do is have space & tools. Start a gofundme for that.

Jim Bob Wrote:

> Why isn't there something more reasonable, like a

> place w/ shared high quality tools and storage for

> like $100/mo? I'd love a place where I could lock

> my stuff up and have access to a nice welder,

> parts cleaner, air tools, drill press, etc.

So for 100/month you want nice expensive tools, access to a welder including shielding gas and wire, compressor, parts cleaner, and a drill press? maybe a lathe too? that $100 probably wouldn't pay a quarter of the electric bill for that place. That's why garage work spaces cost what they do.

things cost money man

Dirty30 Pater Wrote:

> Jim Bob Wrote:

> -----

>

> > Why isn't there something more reasonable, like

> a

> > place w/ shared high quality tools and storage

> for

> > like $100/mo? I'd love a place where I could

> lock

> > my stuff up and have access to a nice welder,

> > parts cleaner, air tools, drill press, etc.

>

>

> So for 100/month you want nice expensive tools,

> access to a welder including shielding gas and

> wire, compressor, parts cleaner, and a drill

> press? maybe a lathe too? that $100 probably

> wouldn't pay a quarter of the electric bill for

> that place. That's why garage work spaces cost

> what they do.

>

> things cost money man

bullshit, nobody has created the right model yet. It makes no sense that it would be expensive if you have people sharing tools. You get an unheated space w/ a bunch of old used tools. It could even be a space that's co-owned by all the people that use it.

The model we have now is freaking stupid - everybody buying their own crappy tools and spending way more money and not having a good space to work.

Why can I go to a laundromat and use $2000 machines for like $5, but I can't use hand tools for less than like $25/hr?

The place would have to cater to more than motorcycles, maybe any small engine thing and bicycles. Instead of people tossing out a lawnmower or chainsaw or letting a bicycle rot, they'd bring it in and fix it up for cheap.

I worked in an industrial shop where you had 1 guy working a tool room who maintained everything and handed out tools, not sure why the same model couldn't apply. You could bring all your own small cheap hand tools, but the shop has the space and some of the bigger stuff, like welder, angle grinders, etc. Build up supply over time.

You buy cheap used stuff. The shops I worked in all had old tools they bought used for cheap. You just rent a shitty metal building in an industrial part of town. You can get a good lincoln welder for less than $500.

Also I think business owners are wanting too much profit. I see these immigrants run small businesses, they basically live in poverty and run a bare bones place, but they get things done. If you've ever worked in a small industrial shop, it's run as cheap as you can go, everything is used, you build all the furniture and benches yourself. Hell I even worked in an engineering shop where they built all the furniture themselves from plywood and covered it w/ vinyl, made nice workstations for very little $$.

Forget overhead, don't have any employees & live in the place too.

Dirty30 Pater Wrote:

> Jim Bob Wrote:

> -----

>

> > Why isn't there something more reasonable, like

> a

> > place w/ shared high quality tools and storage

> for

> > like $100/mo? I'd love a place where I could

> lock

> > my stuff up and have access to a nice welder,

> > parts cleaner, air tools, drill press, etc.

>

>

> So for 100/month you want nice expensive tools,

> access to a welder including shielding gas and

> wire, compressor, parts cleaner, and a drill

> press? maybe a lathe too? that $100 probably

> wouldn't pay a quarter of the electric bill for

> that place. That's why garage work spaces cost

> what they do.

>

> things cost money man

I get to rent other things where I have access to expensive things -- I'm thinking gym memberships for like $30, I get a hot tub, showers, tens of thousands in equipment I can use.

If people are already buying things like welders and drill presses in their garage, why not have these as shared w/ other people? Why the hell are shared places charging $100/mo? Are costs seriously that high? That just seems insane to me. You're probably paying so the owner can take vacations to Europe and paying for a bunch of unnecessary shit.

Any reason a shop couldn't be open 24/7 too? I used to work in an industrial shop, we ran 24/7, the shop was in the middle of a neighborhood too. Would be cool if you could access tools and work on your bike in a well lit metal building any time. All you need is a cheap metal building, lighting, and plugs for power tools.

I've been wanting some shared tool space for years, but I haven't seen a model that makes sense. It's usually just way too fancy, too many employees, etc. Seems like it would take a scrappy immigrant to build something that made sense.

The best auto body shop I've ever been to was a bunch of mexicans outside of town working under EZ ups. All these classic car guys would go there, it was super cheap too. That's the kind of mentality you'd need for a shop like that, something real scrappy, but gives you a dry well lit place to work.

what the fuck dude yer dreamin

I paid $70/mo for a storage unit and got lucky that I could secretly use the outlet for the door opener

ain't nobody gonna give you nothin with an attitude like that. not when others are out here hungry for whatever we can get

if you gotta use your apartment to get your shit going then that's what it takes.

in the words of mark Cuban/Kevin oleary - 'I'm out'

There is a place in Minneapolis that has that.

http://www.themotocollective.com/

Tuesday - Friday $10/hour

Saturday - Sunday $15/hour

Monthly Rental $200/30 Days

Also there are a lot of maker space/ hacker space shops that are set up the same for all sorts of things. There is one here that has welding, woodworking, sewing, computer/arduino, list goes on.

Just search your local area. If you live in a decent sized city you will have one.

Dont be a dick and befriend a welder, surely the cheapest option.

Actually I'm wrong, finding spaces in Brooklyn for a little over $200/month

http://vaxmoto.com/membership-services/

I aint even mad

Andrew Squiggman /

jimbob is a fake. he doesnt fix anything. months now , and not one pic of progress on his nissan

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account