Re: BMX MOPEDZ! a Flandria Apollo build

I would love to have one....

Man I got to build one, everytime I see it, fucking rad! I even have a designated parts stash with a Sachs motor. :)

Born to be WillD /

tryna find a way to fit it in my car, its one the tiniest peds ive had but not tiny nuf to fit in a samurai

This is an awesom build!

Nothing fits in a samurai! Dangle the front wheel over the back door if its a soft top. Pics!

dang this thing kills

if it had pegs would you freestyle it?

I Hate this, and wish it was still in ATL.

Born to be WillD /

BUMP FOR SCOOTERTRASH

MOAR BMX PEDS

My BMX Express is coming along, the wheels are good, the seat and gas filler hole figured out. I hammer printed a seat pan to fit the pad. A lot of fun!

IMG_0909.JPG
IMG_0910.JPG
IMG_0911.JPG

Yee haw, a bunch of welding to do.

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

Hammer printer. Lol. I have a few of those.

Had to get out the persuader a couple times;)

The back side, I cut 2 steel rings. One ring to shim the hub out 3/16"~, the other ring welded over the top. The puch bolt heads welded thru 5 holes drilled in the cover plate. The outside has holes drilled to fit the coupler nuts thru and welded into the cover. Recessed, welded and polished with 80grit. It spins straight before and after tightening the sides together and welding. Straight every which way. Turned out great!

IMG_0913.JPG

I took a rattle can to it to get some momentum. The tubes were lightly rusted so I'll be blasting it anyway for powder.

IMG_0914.JPG

Don't getchur dick cawt in der!

IMG_0915.JPG

A hardened steel pin hinge and some sort of clasp for fuel action.

IMG_0916.JPG

I'm going for something like this anyhoo. White wheels N stufF

Born to be WillD /

you're a fucking maniac. that seat is insane. what?!

can the wheels point the same way?

I used FA50 forks - they're like the perfect BMX style and fit 16's but has a shocks so it's less brutal of a ride

also looking back, that flandria totally fits in a samurai. it's gota morini on it now tho. more fast, same fun, runs outta gas in like 10 miles.

It's a springy taint buster, balls bouncing around like the mega lotto ;) I like the the FA forks a lot. I have this gas cap cut down to fit inside the frame tube and was looking around for a seal seat. Should I cut it off an old gas tank...? Then I picked up this electric scooter headset cup. It needed twist lock notches cut in and the chrome removed before I welded it in there. locks good n tite, ill drill an air bleed valve bung in the top bar. The wheels can be flipped any which way.SURE.. (I have a bunch of time :)

IMG_0922.JPG
IMG_0923.JPG
IMG_0924.JPG

This thread is getting so rad. BMX mopeds 2017!

Born to be WillD /

I just used a section of pipe that fit the OD of the lil ciao oil cup caps. easy, slides right in.

Right on! The name's lousey. "_Honda Lousey" that is!

Guess I need to step up. Kid up the block has some vintage BMX frames.

BMX moped shit bores me, I'm on to the next one.

Exercise-Bike-Moped, check this beauty out. Seats in great shape, never seen handlebars like that on any bike. Side covers and graphics are in great shape, and with a name like Aquarius2000, ill have to run a snorkel setup so I can go swamping on that bad boy.

00909_Fni10kbjPA_600x450.jpg
00k0k_gnY5xKAyoUY_600x450.jpg
00z0z_3Q5FHeppmDT_600x450.jpg

todd amundson /

Fucking Richard Simmons

Found the culprit! The plastic seat, I covered it with tape to get the pattern that will fit the pad. Then I guess I hired a beaver to cut a plywood template.

IMG_0928.JPG
IMG_0929.JPG
IMG_0930.JPG

Rob GasketFace /

Does this count as a BMX moped?

The seat attached CHECK!

IMG_0934.JPG
IMG_0933.JPG
IMG_0931.JPG

Can anyone here say what sort of mechanical structure within the engine makes for the free wheeling effect? There is the ratchet and pawl design and then whatever the Tomos one way method is. Old Saab 2 stroke cars had this feature I believe

Thread jack update, filled up the frame fuel tank then dumped it out n measured, 1/2 gallon. 1/2 fucking galLON!! After all tha...

IMG_5160.JPG

Hacked into the frame to add another handfuls.

IMG_5159.JPG

Look how thick the steel bars are! DaYum!!

IMG_5158.JPG

Wish I could see better to weld! Occipital Neuralgia from bashing, but I'll get it patched up.

Debating on mallossi kit or metraKit.

IMG_5162.JPG
IMG_5161.JPG

The bicycle arm slips into the frame/motor mount bracket, then I'll drill and tap thru the pipes with an M6. Finish it with a little button head bolt.

IMG_5165.JPG

Both of these BMX builds are really awesome good job guys

Born to be WillD /

damn dude, you are a maniac. that shit fucking rules.

I have been riding my Flandria a lot lately. mostly to work and back.

I bailed on getting creative with the stock motor - it is just way too unique to modify to any real benefit.

So now it's got a morini s6-E motor that I got from a dude's abandoned kart build, apparently originally from a 2000's ktm50 kids dirtbike.

It goes steady at about 50mph, 53 max GPS'd. pretty scary on that little thing but hilarious passing cars on a BMX with a weed whacker on steroids. thing revs to the moon and sounds ridiculous. but it uses gas like crazy. your 1/2 gallon of gas is gonna be a pain in the ass, I can hold ~2/3 of a gallon which is just about barely enough to get me 10 miles to work and back.

it also runs retarded hot, like 500+ head temps, but it's got 18+ hours at those temps and it cools down quickly at idle to ~400. I think it's the Al head and high comp is just intended to dump lots of heat outta the head. maybe it'll seize, but there's no adjusting the timing, but i've got a retarding box and i've got it jetted awesome with a little rich on low throttle just cuz it makes me comfortable.

it rips, it's super fun.

Born to be WillD /

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> tryna find a way to fit it in my car, its one the tiniest peds ive had

> but not tiny nuf to fit in a samurai

also, I have no idea why I thought this wouldn't fit in the samurai. there's even room for stumps and 'ritas

Wheelie vids.

We needs em.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account