2013 tomos st/sprint vin stamp on frame?

Recently bought a 2013 Tomos sprint with part of VIN rubbed off the foil sticker from the brake cables. Got a hand written bill of sale but no VIN on that either(pretty much useless). Called a local moped shop in NY where it most likely originated and they said no record of it and Tomos moves the stamped number every couple of years so just look around on the frame. But I can't seem to find it.

Anyone know specifically where it's located on a 2013 model? Thanks in advance.

Trying to get plates because I've already gotten a ticket once for no registration...

Re: 2013 tomos st/sprint vin stamp on frame?

Jimmy Cincinnati /

I ran into this issue today with an early 2000's tomos. I honest to go dont think it is stamped on the frame anymore, it just gets to foil tags. I know in the 80's it was stamped above the engine on the frame mounts.

Your motor will have a vin however engine vins do not always match the frame serial even from the factory. But sometimes they do. That is located behind your carb understand the frame on a raised section of your engine cases.

There should be a foil sticker on the front of the frame behind the headlight, and another on the side near the seat. At one time the vin was stamped into the right motor mount behind the airbox, but not on all frames.

Simon Belmont /

Purchased 2013 Tomos Sprint, found vin number on the frame below steering wheel behind all the wires.

Simon Belmont Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Purchased 2013 Tomos Sprint, found vin number on

> the frame below steering wheel behind all the

> wires.

>

> https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/601/20808288529_5166

> e5784d.jpg

Yea I have that sticker but some of the first digits of the VIN have been rubbed off by the brake cables running back and forth on it. So I'm looking for a secondary location of VIN ID

Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

> I ran into this issue today with an early 2000's

> tomos. I honest to go dont think it is stamped on

> the frame anymore, it just gets to foil tags. I

> know in the 80's it was stamped above the engine

> on the frame mounts.

>

> Your motor will have a vin however engine vins do

> not always match the frame serial even from the

> factory. But sometimes they do. That is located

> behind your carb understand the frame on a raised

> section of your engine cases.

Cool, I'll check if I can find the engine numbers and if they match the part of the VIN I do have that wasn't completely rubbed off.

Find somebody with the same bike and get the prefix letters or see if you can compare the ones you can still read. It should be something similar to "ZZ1A8812#DK######" The last 6 numbers being the stamped ones.

Scott,

I have a 2013 ST. I think there may be as many as 3 vin stickers somewhere on the bike. If you are still looking let me know and I'll check the locations tonight and let you know

Ron M Wrote:

> Scott,

>

> I have a 2013 ST. I think there may be as many as

> 3 vin stickers somewhere on the bike. If you are

> still looking let me know and I'll check the

> locations tonight and let you know

Yes, PLEASE! Let me know if you find any others. I checked behind the side panels, behind the carb, by the engine mounts, and no luck...

Thanks.

> Find somebody with the same bike and get the

> prefix letters or see if you can compare the ones

> you can still read. It should be something similar

> to "ZZ1A8812#DK######" The last 6 numbers being

> the stamped ones.

Can you check if your VIN is related to this as Saabsonettguy states? Seems like we both have similar models(2013 black Tomos).

Scott Truong Wrote:

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I ran into this issue today with an early

> 2000's

> > tomos. I honest to go dont think it is stamped

> on

> > the frame anymore, it just gets to foil tags. I

> > know in the 80's it was stamped above the

> engine

> > on the frame mounts.

> >

> > Your motor will have a vin however engine vins

> do

> > not always match the frame serial even from the

> > factory. But sometimes they do. That is located

> > behind your carb understand the frame on a

> raised

> > section of your engine cases.

>

> Cool, I'll check if I can find the engine numbers

> and if they match the part of the VIN I do have

> that wasn't completely rubbed off.

Doesn't seem like my engine VIN matches frame VIN:/....

no one of covfefe /

my 1998 tomos has the vin stamped on the sub frame, just above the engine. my 2000 tomos does not have it stamped in the sub frame. it just has the foil stickers.

So I think I was able to determine the prefix and are stuck with 2 digits missing from the last 6 unique digits... Can I just replace the last 6 digits with the engine number(that don't match)?

Hi Scott,

Just looked and my 2013 ST actually has one serial number tag that I could find and it's on the front of the headset and numbers are also worn off from the cables rubbing on it, just like yours. The other 2 white labels that I thought were vin # labels turned out to be Emission Stickers. It could be stamped somewhere, but I didn't see it. I don't want to post my vin here, but I'll pm you after dinner with the 2 numbers that you are missing from mine from the bill of sale I have. . I have no idea though whether they are appropriate for yours, but they'll at least be numbers Tomos uses.

PM sent

You could try taking some paper and lightly rubbing a pencil over the vin area to see if the indents from the last two numbers show up.

Cosmos Cordova /

Sorry to revive and old thread but if someone with a 2008-2013 ST would do me the favor of sending me the first 11 prefix vin numbers that would be incredible. I can’t read my stickers and am trying to get it registered. Thanks!

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account