Re: Ron... LED strip taillights .. ??

Ron Brown /

David,

Stick a nail in a wall outlet and tell me if it feels like 60 or 120 volts.

Ron

I have 2 avanti mopeds that had a bit of a lighting problem...

the headlight would go dim at a stop with the brake light on...

On each moped I installed LED taillamps from a company called trucklite... they make lighting products for big trucks....

three wires to hook up ground, hot for tail lamp, hot for brake lamp.. easy ! been using these for over a year now with no problems... plenty bright... flickers a little at idle, but as soon as your off idle they are GREAT !

Web site is www.truck-lite.com

WAYNE!

Sorry it took so long to answer you but there not that expensive. I use a 4 inch (5 mabey?) brake light and a custon bracket I made. Nothing cost me a dime. There getting cheaper, under 20$. Theres a company called PM that makes them. they call them piranna lights. Do a search and you might find a part#. I probably stock them at work. Ill check if you want just get a # of the style you want. PM should have a web site.

Ron Brown /

Thanks Mike, that clears things up a lot.

Ron

david f martin /

That's not a very nice suggestion, Ron, but just to humor you, I will. You see, I'm wearing sneakers and standing on a wooden floor, so a single nail in the wall socket won't hurt me at all.

david

Yeah, Dave--

if Ron had been serious, he'd have suggested you use a fork with the two middle prongs bent down.

either that, or two nails-- one for each hand

:)

david f martin /

Wayne, the fork idea won't work, either. That makes the fork the circuit, not me.

Now the nail in each hand, there's an idea...

david

Ron Brown /

David,

You're getting the hang of it. I'm proud of you. : )

Ron

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account