''75 Puch- Accelleration

Gary Trezza /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for their previous help. I need your input again. I now have my little Puch running O.K, but here's the dilemma: I have rebuilt the Carb, new fuel line/filter, new air box, new petcock valve, new spark plug w/ correct gap, experimented with five different size carb jets, new Biturbo exhaust, new tires, new brakes, new cables. 3000 original miles. I've done a lot, as you can tell. The lil' sucker idles great, starts first try. Prob?: It seems to be quite sluggish to accellerate, although it will top out at over 35MPH. It also seems to be much more sluggish climbing hills than I remember. I thought it might want to run richer, accounting for the experimentation with the larger jets (original size #54 all the way up to size #62, (for all you Puch-Heads like me). I'm at wit's end. I need expert help. What do ya think, fellow pedders?

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  ''75 Puch- AccellerationTopic by: Gary Trezza Gary Trezza 10/21/00 01:17AM
  RE: ''75 Puch- AccellerationRe: Fred Fred 10/21/00 12:57PM
  RE: ''75 Puch- AccellerationRe: ryan is king of all ryan is king of all 10/23/00 03:49PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account