vespa grande moped

Hi, there is a local shop selling a used moped, it's a 1998 Vespa Piaggio Grande, they want $695.00 for it, in your opinion, is it worth that much? It's in pretty decent shape, but it seems like they are asking alot for a 4 year old moped.

Your advice is much appreciated.

Thanks.

- Jamie

Re: vespa grande moped

Now I may be wrong but Vespa grande 1998 doesn't sound right to me . Are you sure it isn't a 1988. bruce

Maybe a 1978? I think last imported to the U.S. was about 1983.

If the Grande is in good running and cosmetic condition it is worth that much.

Re: Grande's a Grande

Had mine out today and parked it by the door of the grocery store. An Asian senior citizen looked it over as I parked, probably remembering the Old country where small bike rule the road.

On the way out another older gentleman asked if it was a Honda. He thought it was a CT-90.

And it is till as dependable as ever.

If you plan to keep your Grande, it seems to be like a Harley, it never loses its value.

Jim

you all are so right. the grande rocks.

Hi,

Maybe I misread the information label, that has the year, make, model, etc..., I thought for sure it said 1998, and did see on the internet that there was no USA models for that year, and was thinking maybe it came from another country.

This is $695.00 US money, Florida to be exact.

Wish it was cheaper, don't have much at all to work with. Wish they would finance it, but it being used, they won't.

The shop is a honda shop, I was even looking at there Metropolitan scooters, they want $35.00 a month for them, financed, I asked the salesman a question about it, but he couldn't answer: what's the maximum weight capacity the scooter can carry? i had a spree, that had a max capacity of 180.

I had a 1970 Honda CT90, it was a great bike, wish I still had it.

If I can swing it, I'll get the vespa grande.

Jamie

$695 is a fair price for a Grande in top condition with nothing missing.

Go over the bike with a fine tooth comb and mark down everything that is missing or doesn't work properly. Either make them fix it or drop the price.

i concur....grandes are the shit.

if i was gonna get a vespa (like ANY vespa) id want a '79 P200E scooter (been wanting one since i was like 5) if i was gonna get a vespa MOPED id get a grande, they can carry two people (atleast my friends grande can, easily too) and pickup & hill climbing are out of this world, hell, i nearly popped a wheelie, and was climbing a BIG hill at 35 mph! id say get it, it sounds like a NICE bike.

-Garret

Hi Everybody,

Thanks for taking the time to give me your advice.

I'm going to try & scratch up the money for the vespa grande, hopefully, they will not sell it before then.

Wish my digital camera worked, I'd snap a photo, and post it here, so you could give me a thumbs up or thumbs down.

- Jamie

P.S. Any advice on a checklist of things to look at on the moped, before purchasing?

VespaCIAO /

Make sure the engine isnt seized. :) Experience taught me this one. Just mainly check for missing parts. Even see if they will let you fire it up. If it runs good then thats about all it will or can do.

I'll agree, but not just the Grande's all Vespa's are stinkin Tits.

VespaCIAO

I can't tell what this means. Do you concur that they're great machines, or do you think they're "shit?"

"...all Vespa's are stinkin Tits."

In what kind of brassiere do you keep them?

VespaCIAO /

They are tits meaning they are awesome......like tits.... :)

Well sorry to cause confusion.

VespaCIAO

he is saying that he thinks they rule....

By 'rule' do you mean they're 'stinkin tits ' or 'shit' ?

I be, like, totally confused. I thunk that I talked a good english until I realized that I ain't understanding half the stuff on this forum...

If "shit" is "good" to some folks, then I don't even want to THINK about their eating habits.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account