slamming long seat against rear fender

Just wondering how to get my long seat to be flush with the rear fender? its a little too high for my liking and style wise its not sitting properly.

Re: slamming long seat against rear fender

Andrew Squiggman /

cut things.

Weld things

I just slammed one! you cut the rear bracket and re bend it lower.

this is a before and after

Nick Landry /

hey thanks man that was much more helpful then the other two comments!..

Can you make a close up pic of the bended bracket Maize? Plan on doing something similar when i have reupholstered the seat.

weld2.gif

cut the rear bracket flush to the seat( just above the welds on bracket to seat), then cut and weld the hacked bracket(remove sides) to the seat pan. In the picture, cut the red, weld the yellow, the blue is where the bracket will sit. This way you can still use the included hardware to mount the rear to a bookrack or not.

The way i posted mounts directly to the frame thru the rack holes.

i was planning on doing what you said mac, that why im interested at how maize did it, because i have 3 broken rear racks in my garage and i dont plan on getting a fourth.

noob proof.

^^ YEAH YEAH! PERFECT! Mine is not quite as low as that tutorial. Mine is as low as the seat post would let me go without bending the seat. Dont want to break that post off.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account