carb upgrade on stock za50

Shane Roberts /

bought my 1980 puch maxi sport mk2 with a snapped in half intake and i broke the bing carb trying to snapped intake off. so what is the best upgrade for my stock za50 engine. ill be buying a new muffler with it so any help? was thinking of just going with 15mm bing but is it worth it or go with a dellorto?

Re: carb upgrade on stock za50

14 or 15 bing, and they just got these nice (pricey though) intakes at treats.

It's worth it if you're not looking to spend a lot,plus for a stock engine they're really good.

Shane Roberts /

thats what i was gonna go with but wanted to ask more experienced people. thanks for the input! and going to order the 15mm bing carb and not shitty $12 intake lol. is there a good muffler to pair the carb too?

Circuit pipe is good for city riding and good low end without sacrificing much top end.

Probably Fred /

Post for a used 14 mm bing and another tall 14mm intake on buy+sell and run mesh performance filter, 222 atomizer around 70-72 jet, circuit pipe. You can get a carb and intake for around 50.00 so way cheeper then a 15mm bing and that 15mm intake .

bing 14 or 15, circuit or estoril, can't go wrong there.

In Feb. I purchased Treats new 15-Bing (clone) with correct 2.17 atomizer and slide 50 bucks...and I am glad I tried it... as I replaced the worn out original 15-Bing and it actually out does the original purrs like a kitten at idle up to WOT...and is easier to restart when hot even...I plan on buying another for my other bike...The casting looks good too...

If I put a new 15 mm carb on my stock Newport will I need a new Pope too?

Probably Fred /

> Dave Cullen Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> If I put a new 15 mm carb on my stock Newport will I need a new a new Pope

> too?

Yes you need a Catholic pope, I believe it’s pope Francis though i’m not sure🧑‍🎨

Dave,

Best to start a new thread with your question rather than resurrect a 5yr old thread. But to answer your question. No you do not HAVE to get a new pipe with your carb. But you definitely CAN get a new pipe. Dont go crazy. I advise as others up top have and get a circuit pipe. You will notice a difference right away.

And if you have a za50 engine. Please take the time to read up on some of the immediate maintenance that is needed on those engines. You can find lots of info on the wiki. Just get to the puch section and find za50.

We are all here to help. Ask a question. Just make it your own after doing some leg work. Or else roffman wont be gentle, but he is one of few who knows most about za50 around these parts.

I hope you rejetted and tuned that new carb man, or your gonna blow your engine.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account