does this make sense ?

So I'm traveling to Mumbai India in late May and packing light so should have tons of room to buy moped parts .. does it make sense to try and buy parts out there and bring them back ? If so any suggestions where to buy them out there thanks ...

Re: does this make sense ?

Is there a moped scene there?

Probably plenty of Kinetic and Hero puch parts.

Royal Enfield.

little croatia /

well on ebay I see a lot of honda c70 parts and says ships from india ... so I Imagine there should be mopeds.. Im guessing a bunch of people have them as daily drivers

I was just out there a few weeks ago. TVS peds everywhere but did not see a single Hero moped. Just the Honda Hero motorcycles. Didn't even see any Kinetics.

Shipping parts makes the most sense though, I shipped a few things back and it as super easy an cheap.

Now to figure out how to reg a auto-rickshaw in CA....

They import all those crap bikes here.

little croatia /

i was hoping to find some honda c70 or Garelli Vip parts bummer

Bring toilet paper with you.

Buy a tuk tuk!

little croatia /

toilet paper :-)

I've been to Goa a number of times. There is a lot of cloned Vespa and Peugeot rev & go types. You can hire them for as little as £2 (GBP) a day - including fuel. Fantastic experience competing with elephants on the tight blind bends.

As for mopeds I did see a lot of Jawas. Can I suggest that you Youtube 'road scene Mumbai' (insert the actual place you are visiting) and you will get a good flavour of what peds you are likely to encounter.

Ride safe and enjoy!

123.JPG
097.JPG

little croatia /

Gosh I love those photos

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account