I already seized the motor. Buying kit,

I seized up the motor and now it is done. So I am looking to buy a 70cc kit or a 65cc kit. Do I have to buy the head to go with it and do I need to rejet my carb. What is the best kit. I have heard POLINI. but what do you guys think and are they a simple to put on.

Re: I already seized the motor. Buying kit,

InfectedBootSector /

None of them are difficult, if you have a little know-how. No really special tools are needed, but a torque wrench, one should have.

Polini kits are nice... good craftsmanship.

Yes, you do need a new head to match the bore of the kit you are getting, and yes, you will need to adjust your fuel mixture.

If you don't have an extra bike, I would hold off on the 65cc kit and stick with a higher performance 50cc kit or possibly using regular OEM parts.

What kind of bike do you have? Is the crank case ok? There are many details that you left out.

I have 1975 Puch Maxi S 2hp 1speed. What do you mean by if you do not have another bike you would not do it. Is this not that daily driveable.

InfectedBootSector /

The kit will generate more heat, and will wear out faster if pushed to the limit. Don't expect the same reliability over stock either....

Not saying that you WILL have problems...just make informed decisions about the upgrade.

Lemme know if you need any help.

Yeah, before you buy a kit, try to learn what caused your old motor to sieze up.... a kit will run hotter and want to sieze quicker then a stock setup.... any idea what caused your motor to sieze ? Not enough oil to gas ? Too small jet size ? Leaky exhaust ? Leaky or no air-box ?

When I put my kit on Grande, I am going to mix 40:1 as apposed to the 43:1 that I currently run. I only got a 70cc kit for more power on hills. As long as your not running it full throttle too much, and you let the speed kit break in, you will be fine. If you really wanted to do it right, and run your 70cc kit at full throttle, they also sell speed crankcases and other components too, to go along with the big bore kits...it's just expensive.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account