PA50 jetting poll

........ok PA people..............what size jets are all of you running........my 78 PAII has a #78 and my PAI has a #60.........i've done the variator mod on them both, and got a PAII reed valve for the PAI.......(im still looking for the intake manifold)............. so with a proma circuit pipe on them.........should i up jet from the #78............any help would be good.......thanx...................

Re: PA50 jetting poll

i added the proma pipe to my pa50II and didnt bother upjetting... i just adjusted the mixture screw until my plug chops looked good... you probably shouldnt have to upjet.

however, if you do.. good luck finding different sized jets. and if you do, please let me know where you found them :)

.....yeah i get the idea jets are hard to find.........the honda dealer sold me an #80 and a#82.5....swore they would work........no....no they dont.....but of course...........i might have a bead on getting them ordered tho........i'll keep ya posted........thanx for the info...............btw.......how is that proma working out.............and what kinda gains did you get from it.............i think i read on a post you did the variator mod.........i did it to mine......i got a slight gain ......3 mph....or so .....i dont think i cut deep enough...........i would be a little more daring if i knew i could get a outer spool for it quick and in a hurry..............i did cut 2/3's....of it back............i saw in the pic of it you can see the roller..........(cut back beyond the tip of the flux capacitor tips)....i cut mine so the bottom of the notch is right at the tip of the 3 arm (flux capacitor) tips...........it feels right ...am i wrong .........i think i might have to go ..........deeper..........(on the cutting).................can anybody give me a hell ya on that.......or a hell no...................

Flux Capacitor ?... Flux Capacitor ?

LOL ... that isn't the name of the part on the microfiche is it ??

A flux capacitor is normally an electrical component.

anyway... I think you are talking about the outer steel plate that the rollers ride against ??

(with the 3 slots ands 3 ramps ?)

Also... you should ID which bike you are talking about... I believe the PA50II has a different curve on the ramp of that plate... (than the I).

Which one are you talking about... (I or II) ?

I would wait and get all the parts together for each bike before you cut any deeper... the Proma exhaust might give you all you need on the II.

And don't necessarily do the same stuff to each.

I wouldn't cut any deeper - on the I- till you get the rest of the stuff for it.

As I said... on my I... the weights will fly right out.. even though I didn't cut that deep... I think it is from the different curve of that ramp plate.

Look at the two.. are they different ?? (outer steel ramp plate)

(my I has 2 hoseclamps threaded together and wrapped around the outer pulley half to keep the weights in..)

thats screw that Casey mentioned is really only for idle mixture adjustment... so I doubt it had much effect on his top end jetting.

.... but if the bike is running good.. then its running good... usually you can't get away without rejetting after adding a pipe.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Also... what were the top speeds on these two bikes before you did any mods ??

......yeah the PAI "ramp plate".....(thing)....is pretty flat.........or it does'nt dive in at the ends like the paII does.........so i cut them both.......so the bottom of the notches are at the end of the ramp plate tips.......alot less cutting on the PAI......i think if i cut even half of the width off the PAI it would toss the rollers right out.........at this point ...........i get a matallic taste in my mouth thinking about cutting any more out.....along with a general feeling of ....unwellness.........the PAII runs strong........it was a solid 24-26mph...before.....now........28-30mph....its hard to tell.......the roads are'nt real flat.....close tho.....so i cant get a long enough run to get a real reading....the PAI........it ran pretty good when i got it ......i could'nt get a top speed on it .........hills big time......but its tight........motor wise......the carb needs something........i pulled the PAII manifold and carb.......slapped them on the PAI ....(with the new PAII reed valve)...and it idled....and had some pick up..........but still 10-15 mph...........witch makes me chain smoke some........because i know the motor is there...........i cant even put the lame PAII stock exhaust on it ...so i can really compare the two...........

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account