Tomos VIN sticker missing, can't register?

So the frame on my Tomos appears to have been painted at least twice and I'm assuming that the VIN sticker was removed in the process. All I can find on the frame is a serial number, which isn't enough for FL to register it. What a headache. Is there any way to find out the full VIN from the serial? Can I just use myron's page to give my best guess at a VIN? I'd hate to think I've put so much time and effort into rebuilding this thing just to have it sitting in a garage.

image.jpg

Re: Tomos VIN sticker missing, can't register?

Check the right side of the frame on the motor mount ( behind the carburetor/air filter).

That's where I found the serial number but it's only 6 digits, obviously not a complete VIN.

neither one of my tomos have a stamped vin just 2 foil stickers

I do have a rotted out 95 frame if you need the numbers off it

I'm literally in the same position as you with my TOMOS. I'm either going to make up the first half of the vin using myrons page to apply for a new title or my second idea is to take an old title I have off a Tao tao that was stolen from me. You think cops could run my bike and be like "that's not a 2012 Tao tao!"

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account