Janus Motorcycles Moto-Gear Kickstarter

Hi everyone! Many of you know that I have been working hard for the last three years on building another company alongside MLM. Janus Motorcycles is a hand-crafted American production motorcycle manufacturer. We have just launched a new line if moto-gear as well specially designed for motorcycle, moped, and bicycle riders. I am fully aware that this is a moped site and that's why I think our moto-gear is appropriate to discuss.

Janus is running a Kickstarter campaign to get our products in front of more people and to help us launch our two newest models and streamline our production. Our moto-gear is designed and made by hand right here in Elkhart County, Indiana. These are not your run-of-the-mill bags. They are constructed from the highest quality full-grain leather and waxed canvas, sourced from US suppliers and using hand hammered copper rivets and our own 6061 aluminum hardware. Our products are based on what we know riders want and they offer safety features like industry-leading D3O back armor and retro reflective piping for visibility.

We're hosting a party and ride at our assembly shop in Goshen, In on June 6 to celebrate the launch of our two new motorcycles. We would really love to see some mopeds and moped people there. Tickets are available through our Kickstarter campaign and proceeds go towards launching our new models.

Please consider checking out our Kickstarter and share the word. Thank you all for your support over the years. Building two wheel vehicles and product for the lifestyle is our passion, support from you all has kept us going, thank you!

Devin

Re: Janus Motorcycles Moto-Gear Kickstarter

elkhart

home of shawn kemp and crown amps

awesome stuff, kudos

Emil Kniemel /

backed. good luck.

Smiley Vyrus /

Home of Sunny Haven nudist resort, Most success to ya Devin, I enjoy your work every time I ride. Hope to get a few more pipes in the future.

Emil, thank you for backing us! We are so close to making our goal! I love working with such a supportive community!

Reynold Cortigine /

Why not use a 2 stroke engine. I know emissions are a bitch but it would be totally worth it

We would love to continue using 2 stroke motors but it is very difficult to get one to pass the emission standards here in the states. We've had one of our bikes with a modern 2 stroke on the EPA test bench and never came close to passing. A 2 stroke motor can pass but there is a huge compromise in power and reliability.

Maaaan I've been wanting to make a high quality shop apron for a long time.

That thing is awesome, time to drop some serious hints to Caitlin.

We just added a stretch goal! If we reach 21k we will add the canvas color option of olive green. A green apron would look good on you Grant!

great looking bags, gear and bikes! good luck guys

Thanks Mark!

We just sailed passed 21k! If we reach 23k we will add navy blue as a canvas color option.

Emil Kniemel /

so for the backers you get new color options! neato!

That is correct!

Emil Kniemel /

bump for you guys and also i want that brown.

Nice stuff!

P.S. Sad to hear no more 50 just cause I loved the lightness of it. 125 would have kept it lighter, but a 250 will be more practical being capable of highway speeds. (edited)

beautiful machines, for sure. i certainly wish you success.

i do think that the majority of discerning motorcyclists would not be too eager to spend $8200 for a 250cc chinese (i'm assuming, as i couldn't find any info on the power plant) engined bike. hopefully, the very small niche group of folks that would have interest in this will be enough to keep the doors open.

†▲m †▲m /

neat stuff

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account