Zippy--Grande Question

Hey Zip, I just swapped out my handle bars on my Grande. As I pulled of the grips and mounting brackets, a small, round metal piece fell out, on both sides. The funny thing is that whereever this part fell out, I missed it...both times. They look like spacers or something, but I have no idea where they go. I put all of the stuff on my new handle bars without these "spacers", and they seem fine; although I had to adjust the allen bolt on the throttle side, several times, because, the tighter the allen bolt, the harder it was for my throttle grip to move back. Any ideas? Do I need these "spacers"? Thanks.

Re: Zippy--Grande Question

just trying to move my post closer to the top. :)

back to top you go.

Check your email

Zip

...and your head. 2 post bumps in 9 hours? thats loony!

SAD beagle!

Can you identify the part you are referring to?

See attached pic

Grande_Handle_Bars.jpg

It most likely on of these parts? See attached photo.

hehe.. im just kidding sweetheart. :)

If you have the parts and you can tell how they are assembled from the picture, I would recommend you put them back in the assembly to prevent a failure or breakage of a part due to too much stress.

well, i think i might need to take a picture of this piece and post it here. i put it where i thought it might go, with no luck. maybe a pic will help figure it out.

I figured it out...They go in the same hole that the main bolt does, that holds on your brake lever mounts. I actually tried that originally, but they didnt seem to belong...Hmmm. After looking at the diagram, I realized that they have to go there, and everything is cool. Thanks for the diagram Zippy. Is there anyway that you could get a photocopy made of the grande manual....I will pay for the copies...What do you think?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account