Puch kickstart motors / Fast-Arrow conv. kits

Does anyone know how (robust) the kickstart gears/mechanism on the Euro. E-50's are ? ? And the same with the Fast-Arrow kits...I really want one but have concerns about if they can hold up with everyday riding...But since you do loose the abilty to push and roll start the motor your S.O.L. if the kickstart fails...So is it really worth switching over to begin with..?

Re: Puch kickstart motors / Fast-Arrow conv. kits

If properly installed and maintained not much can go wrong, have seen people use kickstart e50s for years without problems.but ive also seen people that couldnt start their puch 50% of the time. i have a kickstarter engine, but use a normal one because i dont want to lose the push start option.

I'm going to eventually get a kickstart E-fifty someday...

Will has 2 real kick starts for sale for $160 right now. . . thats so fucking cheap you cant afford not to buy them!

EACH...Their on the other side of the pond....

Andrew Squiggman /

Bobby Selby Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> EACH...Their on the other side of the pond....

His prices are good, his products are great, and his shipping is Treatland like, considering the trans atlantic shipping. usually like a week.

thats $160 shipped for a kick start bottom end

fast arrow costs around $200 plus shipping and you have to provide a bottom end and you have to machine your cases. (edited)

Those kickstart engines are a hell of a deal, but I paid less than $150 with shipping for my Fast Arrow kit, and you say "machining" like it's something crazy, when anybody with half a brain can drill and tap one bolt hole.

^ yeah if you can get an arrow for cheaper do it.

Drilling and tapping is something crazy to a lot of people.

if anyone could tell me how to ship things to the states cheaply i could also sell my kickstart bottom end for cheap.

My understanding is there is a weight limit. If you keep it under that limit its not as expansive. I know it costs too much to mail a full engine, but if you take off the top end its ok.

I just got a complete fast arrow conversation kit shipped for euro and it cost me 25 euro to ship it I also have 3 e50 kickstart bottom ends

^^ doing it right!

Got pics...

elliott Giffis /

had a kicker on my daily for awhile- it was kitted..

kinda hated it since i couldn't bump start.

Did you have a hard starting motor?

I got a kitted kicker starts up no problem I don't see the joy in numb starting its a pain in the butt sometimes what do u want pictures of?

The kickstart bottom-ends....

Charles Cole (OFMC) /

There's pix over on the other thread.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account