kenetics good?

ephraim zimbalist jr /

http://asheville.craigslist.org/mcy/4855459480.html stock kinetic very fast?to far for me

Re: kenetics good?

TVRs are slow, the metallurgy is bad on the subframes, and overall they're just not very well finished.

The Kinetic Magnums are better, they're Varied for one thing, but the port timings are still very mild and it's almost impossible to find New piston rings for them.

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

Well the website says they are like $700 shipped, in a crate or something. So that must serve some purpose.

Maybe one or two rallies a year when you don't care and just want to get drunk in some industrial parking lot?

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

Max Johnson Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> TVRs are slow,

TFRs are slow, not TVR's

For $100? Go for it!

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

Puchs aren't that fast either and have too much weight in the rear:

Kinetic has waaaay better port timing than a stock vespa. Kinetic engines are amazing, everything else is meh.

30ish tops stock, doesn't get there very fast.

Downhill Harvey Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Max Johnson Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > TVRs are slow,

>

> TFRs are slow, not TVR's

>

> http://files.conceptcarz.com/img/TVR/74-TVR-2500M_

> DV-10-MO-01.jpg

>

> For $100? Go for it!

kinetic, not kenetic.

and yeah, what harvey said. a hundo, and you can make it faster.

you'll learn as you go, and you'll spell all the make and model names right, eventually, too.

if you use your search function on this site, you will see many threads about kinetics (note proper spelling for an effective search). also, searching the moped wiki will yield info on the marque.

in a nutshell, kinetics are indian vespa clones. most vespa engine parts are direct swaps, but some are not, depending on if it is an early (TFR) or late (USA)-model bike.

as was touched on in a previous post, there are both good and bad things about kinetics. the good is the CDI, the lights, and the brakes. the bad is the metallurgy, and the basic third-world construction of the bikes.

also as was stated, for a benjamin, i'd go for it. if that bike has spark, it will most likely be able to run with no monetary investment. i say get it, get it running, and if you don't like it, flip it for profit. if i was in ashville, that bike would already be in my yard. (edited)

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

Kinetic exhausts seem to clog up. BBQ it, to remove it.

get it and bring it to me. i'll give you 225.

My first moped was a kinetic tfr or the non variated one, after 10 more peds of all different brands, the kinetic is still my baby. Throw a DR cylinder kit and a techno exhaust for 240 total and your doing 40- 45 no problem. I love my lil ripper kinetic, i would jump on that Craigslist sale in a heartbeat if it was close to me.

mike mazzara /

I had a kinetic like a mid nineties, thought it was pretty nice, sorry I sold it.

looks to be in really nice condition . 100 bucks is a no brainer for that.

ephraim zimbalist jr /

kenetics,i meant kenetics with an(E)its an entirely different moped than kinetic with an (I).Kenetic is a moped made in bullshitistan,it was in production for 2 days only and ran on raw fecal material,this was a special moped and had 8hp....very rare,if you find one,better snatch it up! yes,i did mispell the word but i spell it right on the rest of my thread!i also spelled sychological wrong on another thread,forgot the (p) which was promptly pointed out.i type 3000 words a minute ya know!i shall try to do better.i hope some of ya guys didnt lose to much sleep over it...till next time.

had one with a polini pipe. Under 20mph it was sluggish, but after 20 it took off! top speed was 35-40mph.

My sub frame was cracked which I welded back together.

I can also say it was one of the most comfortable mopeds I've owned.

My kinetic magnum was awesome. Crank and inlet timing are more aggressive than stock vespa. Stock pipe had 25mm header same size as estoril or most vespa pipes. Top end has a bigger bore, if I remember right it was 40mm instead of 38.5. Subframe had better metal than vespa, unlike the tfrs.

I put a polini varo on it and upjet and was hitting mid 30s

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account