is this a good moped?

This is gunna be my first one nd i want some feedback before i buy it.

http://www.stevesmoped.com/showroom/mopeds/targalx.html

Re: is this a good moped?

i have an older version (a golden bullet TTLX) & i LOVE it, Tomos' are great bikes, just make sure you break it in properly, follow the break-in procedure to the letter, easy on the throttle on hills, dont "floor it" for the first 300miles....etc, their great, & if decently taken care of, are reliable fun machines.

-Garret

I just buy a new one in APRIL.

Now i have 475km and it's very confortable. Motor is great, is not a very fast machine but if you put a speed sprocket and i biturbo you go faster, if you want....

Me i put , for now, just the speed sprocket. It's little bit slow when i start, but after is good. Tps speed 34 mp/h...

Bye!

Targalx99.jpg

I can tell by the link it's a good moped. I had a 2000 targa... it was the best moped i've owned (out of the 6 bikes I've owned 4 were jap and 2 were euro. I like the euro's much more---

I've had good luck with the honda and yamaha but the Tomos really feels like you've got a nice machine under you....

those jap bikes sometimes feel kinda small... and seem a little harder to modify.

where did you get that tail trunk on the back of yur moped? it looks really nice.

I think it

chuck russo va /

if u get it take all the plastic parts off and put them in a safe place cuz each piece of plastic is liek 50 bucks and they break really really easy, i took mine off so if i ever sell it al the plastic is mint

Good moped?(removing targa plastic)

how does it look all stripped? I had considered doing that----!

Less like a "robo-bike" probably--- that's all I could think of when I got my 2000 targa, was a mini "robo-cop" riding it around--- I think it's the headlight fairing-- gives it a hi-tech cheap plastic look.

I was wondering how tough it would be to make metal parts for the plastic---

I don't have much metal experience--- but I did think it would be cool to use some thin aluminum or something to 'rebuild' some of the pieces you took off.....

Re: Good moped?(removing targa plastic)

chuck russo va /

mine looks ok with out plastic, i ahve a top tank tomos. it actually looks less "cheap or cheasy" it looks like a small motorcycle with out it, im not tryin to make my ped look like a bike but i just dont liek the plastic

Dave Gregory /

wow!!! thats not a good ped.....thats a GREAT ped!!!

ive decided to go with the tomos targa lx black.

Dave Gregory /

sweet!!!!! tell me how the beast rides when u get it

~dave~

im goign to get my permit tommrow, turing 15, and im gettign the bike on saterday. Any one know of any cheap speedometors?

I would advise you to buy a Tomos moped.

_wal

thats what i am getting the tomos targa lx.

I buy on a local YAMAHA dealer.

ValiseGVI.jpg
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account